#1 eroplanb

eroplanb

Just Startin'

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 01 October 2013 - 12:42 AM

Hi,

In mid-June 2013, I bought Mixer Line6 Sound Scape M20d and I upgraded it to version 1.10 as soon as I got it. It worked very well. Update 1.20 came in last week, and I updated that aswell. It all went smooth.

After that, I noticed that the analog output generated some errors. Sometimes left or right channel starts to scratch/noise and soon after that strenght falls down to ~ -20dB, although it remains the same on VU meter. If I raiste the master after that (+5 or more dB) everything sonds alright. So something is happening as if limiter would close the channel. I would also like to mention that I checked all of the possible paths in settings and I cannot find anything plus I dont have limiter on master. But this gets even more interesting since this error is moving to other channels aswell.

As of now, this mixer is useless. All of this is only happening on analog output. L6 line is working flawlessly. Im asking for your help. I'm sure problem is in software, and I need some advice on how to fix it. Thank you,

Regards, Boris

#2 ArneLine6

ArneLine6

Line 6 Staff

• Product Management
  • PipPip
  • 321 posts

Posted 01 October 2013 - 08:27 AM

This might be a hardware issue. Please contact technical support so we can resolve this:

The US support team can be reached at 818-575-3600 (option 3), Mon-Fri 8am - 5 pm PST. Our busiest hours are from 11am to 2 pm.

The UK support team can be reached at +44 (0) 1788 566 555, Mon-Thurs 9am – 5pm GMT and Fri 9am – 4pm GMT.

#3 RonMarton

RonMarton

Power User

• Line 6 Expert
  • 1270 posts
  • LocationSydney, Australia.

Posted 01 October 2013 - 01:57 PM

...I'm sure problem is in software, and I need some advice on how to fix it...

Just backing up Arne's response, Boris...

I too feel that the problem having started at the same time as the update is fairly likely to be a coincidence, as your description makes us think it seems more "analog" than "digital" in nature.

By now, quite a few systems have been updated to v1.20 without such things having been reported, so I am wondering if you might like to try a full "clear out" and another upgrade, as

1. It seems you have very little to lose by doing so and
  2. The results after another upgrade may help with a proper "diagnosis".

Who knows ?

Your "gut feeling" may have been correct all along, in that some sort of strange and unique "corruption" DID only appear with that last upgrade.

If so, a subsequent "clean" upgrade might just help.

#4 eroplanb

eroplanb

Just Startin'

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 02 October 2013 - 05:33 AM

Before I wrote this I installed version 1.10. Everything worked as intended. After that I updated it to version 1.20 and problems were back.

Let me say, that I'm from Slovenia and I have a long way to service. If I'm thinking correctly, this error shouldn't occur just once on the same hardware.

Do we have different hardware? Do you guys have Stage Space uniqum?

#5 RonMarton

RonMarton

Power User

• Line 6 Expert
  • 1270 posts

Posted 02 October 2013 - 02:10 PM

...Do you guys have Stage Space uniqum?

Sorry Boris, but I don't understand that question.

...Do we have different hardware?...

I have not heard of any newer or changed hardware ever having arrived in an "M20d" box, but someone from Line 6 themselves would need to confirm this.

My feeling remains that it might still be useful to hear what happens following the re-upgrade "exercise" (or, with any luck, "exorcise") that I suggested earlier.

#6 eroplanb

eroplanb

Just Startin'

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 03 October 2013 - 10:07 AM

I meant Stage Scape instead of Stage Source, my apologies.

I was thinking that the same software works differently on each mixer. This problem can occur if the hardware is different in each mixer.

I would be glad, if there was a shortcut to solve the problem, with that I mean "when loading, hold this and this button..."

#7 eroplanb

eroplanb

Just Startin'

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 06 October 2013 - 06:10 AM

I did re-upgrade but it is still the same. Still the analog output unusable.

#8 dboomer

dboomer

Line 6 Staff

• 2514 posts

Posted 06 October 2013 - 06:59 AM

Hi Boris

I would suggest that you try a test by starting over with a fresh setup and use a simple input source such as recorded music and the plain vanilla mic preset. Although you mention that no limiter is engaged you need to be very careful to prove that out. The signal path can be difficult to spot depending in the preset used. Once you have done that then the problem is most likely a hardware failure that will need to be sent in to a service center.

#9 eroplanb

eroplanb

Just Startin'

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 06 October 2013 - 08:14 AM

I've tried without a backup, just with a new program but the result is the same. Analog out does not workut properly. So the Stage Scape go to the service. But something but still do not understand. In version 1.10 there was no error. How can a new version of the program works hardware failure?

#10 dboomer

dboomer

Line 6 Staff

• 2514 posts

Posted 06 October 2013 - 02:39 PM

My best guess is that they are not directly related. Just coincidental. It's always hard to guess without actually having the unit present.

I guess you could reload 1.1 and see if the outputs come back.

#11 RonMarton

RonMarton

Power User

• Line 6 Expert
  • 1270 posts

Posted 06 October 2013 - 03:17 PM

My best guess is that they are not directly related. Just coincidental. It's always hard to guess without actually having the unit present.

I guess you could reload 1.1 and see if the outputs come back.

That sums up my "gut feeling" as well, Boris...

I've just thought of something else that may help track down whatever hardware may be implicated.

If reverting to v1.1 firmware doesn't clear the fault, (as Don and I fear may well be the case) try listening to the "Phones" output while the fault is actually evident at another analog output or other analog outputs.

Should the "Phones" output remain "clean" while another (or others) is (are) "dirty" , we're then looking at a failure (or failures) that are specific to that (or those) affected outputs, ...maybe something as simple as an incorrectly "seated" chip or card, or a loose connection.

#12 eroplanb

eroplanb

Just Startin'

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 07 October 2013 - 06:33 AM

Let me explain once again, with V1.10 StageScape worked fine. Immediately after the upgrade to V1.20 problems started to occur on analog output. After I downgraded it to 1,10, problems dissapeared. When refitting V1.20, the problems returned. The problems are on analog output and on output for headphones. ???

#13 ArneLine6

ArneLine6

Line 6 Staff

• Product Management
  • PipPip
  • 321 posts

Posted 07 October 2013 - 06:48 AM

The best way to resolve this is to call customer service and go through everything on the phone.

The US support team can be reached at 818-575-3600 (option 3), Mon-Fri 8am - 5 pm PST. Our busiest hours are from 11am to 2 pm.
The UK support team can be reached at +44 (0) 1788 566 555, Mon-Thurs 9am – 5pm GMT and Fri 9am – 4pm GMT.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users