Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

POD HD500X MIDI to Change Amp Channels

kraftybob

Hello Forum:

Looking for feedback from anyone using the POD HD500X and a MIDI Controller (VooDoo Lab Control Switcher, Mini Amp Gizmo, etc.) to change the channels on a non-MIDI amp - Marshall DSL40C in this case.

I recently bought the M13 as I don't want/need amp sims and also have the VooDoo Lab Control Switcher so I can change the channel on my amp when switching scenes in latch mode.  The problem is I'm getting about a 1/2 second delay when I click over to a preset that changes the amp channel.  This is likely a deal breaker for me so if the M13 forum doesn't have an answer I'll likely return it.  I know it's not the VooDoo Lab as when I manually change the channel with that the response is instant.

I'm looking at competitive products that have a built in relay for this exact purpose, but also would possibly consider the HD500X if:

1) There is no latency when using MIDI to change amp channels

2) I can completely bypass the amp/cabinet sims and use the 8 foot switches as presets like the M13

Thanks!

Bob