Guitarmaniac64

Iknowathingortwo

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 241 posts
  • Registered Products:3

Posted 01 October 2013 - 11:40 PM

I got a nice deal on a used DT25 it even have 6 months guarantee

But since reading all the post in here about that transformer issues and Line6 REFUSE to say what serial it is i am unsure if i gonna buy it as i dont want to pay a lot of xtra cash to repair it if it brokes..

That is so lame of Line6 if a CAR has a major problem like the breaks stop working after 4 years or so most car builders are taking them in and repair them for FREE since it is their fault in the first place.

So should i buy? 

#2 Metalchef

Metalchef

Iknowathingortwo

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 197 posts
  • Registered Products:2

Posted 02 October 2013 - 12:37 AM

I believe the transformer problem was isolated to the dt50 and even then only a certain range of serial numbers. I own a dt50 2x12 and LOVE IT especially integrated with the pod hd500. But in short I think your good to purchase it. And I'm sure if u look back at the posts about transformer issues it is involving the DT 50 and nit the DT 25.
Yes I hear the cries of the carrots.... For it is harvest day and to them it is the Holocaust..... So I say let the rabbits wear glasses....

#3 TheRealZap

TheRealZap

Uber Guru

• Line 6 Expert
  • 17786 posts
  • LocationClemmons, NC USA
  • Registered Products:17

Posted 02 October 2013 - 03:25 AM

they will also verify that for you if you call them and give them the serial number: http://line6.com/company/contact/

But i believe that metalchef is right, and the issue only applies to DT50 amps anyway.

#4 stumblinman

stumblinman

Gear Head

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 882 posts
  • LocationPacific Northwest

Posted 03 October 2013 - 10:56 AM

Yes. Buy it. Great amp. Both standalone and with Pod HD.

#5 Brazzy

Brazzy

Power User

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2322 posts
  • LocationU.S.A.
  • Registered Products:16

Posted 08 October 2013 - 05:14 AM

I read those posts about the issues also and wondered about it for a few seconds, lol. Then I ordered a DT50 Head, should be arriving soon. I'm pretty sure the issue had been addressed by now. Most of the posts I read were from 2010 I think.

#6 Metalchef

Metalchef

Iknowathingortwo

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 197 posts

Posted 08 October 2013 - 06:07 AM

These forums have been a huge help in my being able to figure this rig out and everywhere I go people are blown away by it. You will love the DT once u get to know it (it does take a minute at first). I just found a tip about running the pod in studio direct when having to use low volumes.
Yes I hear the cries of the carrots.... For it is harvest day and to them it is the Holocaust..... So I say let the rabbits wear glasses....