#1 AndreasWJ

AndreasWJ

Just Startin'

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 02 October 2013 - 10:08 AM

Hi !

I'm sorry for being such a noob, but I've ordered a Line 6 POD XT, and I was just wondering how it would work through USB.

If I plug in the USB to my computer, does it show up as a recording device or a speaker device ?

Because I'm not looking to record anything, just to play and hear what I play.

If it shows up as a recording device, can I still hear the audio through my headset(3.5 mm) some how ?

Or should I purchase a speaker with a 1/4 cable(or headphones with 1/4 cable), so I could plug it in ?

Thanks !

#2 phil_m

phil_m

Uber Guru

• Line 6 Expert
  • 5482 posts
  • LocationMinneapolis, MN

Posted 02 October 2013 - 10:15 AM

It shows up as a soundcard, basically. So you can use it both as an input and output device. Most computers default to only letting you use one soundcard at a time, so in order to hear the POD, you have to hook speakers up to its outputs or use headphones with it.

Time is a train
Makes the future the past
Leaves you standing in the station
Your face pressed up against the glass

#3 AndreasWJ

AndreasWJ

Just Startin'

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 02 October 2013 - 10:28 AM

It shows up as a soundcard, basically. So you can use it both as an input and output device. Most computers default to only letting you use one soundcard at a time, so in order to hear the POD, you have to hook speakers up to its outputs or use headphones with it.

So I must have headphones/speakers directly plugged into the POD ?

Can't I plug the POD into my computer with USB, and have my headset into my computer and still hear the sound ?

Thanks for the answer btw.

#4 phil_m

phil_m

Uber Guru

• Line 6 Expert
  • 5482 posts
  • LocationMinneapolis, MN

Posted 02 October 2013 - 10:30 AM

Can't I plug the POD into my computer with USB, and have my headset into my computer and still hear the sound ?

The short answer is no... There are ways you may be able to get it to work, but usually there's pretty significant latency. It's much easier to not try to use your computer's soundcard, imo.

Time is a train
Makes the future the past
Leaves you standing in the station
Your face pressed up against the glass

#5 AndreasWJ

AndreasWJ

Just Startin'

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 02 October 2013 - 10:32 AM

The short answer is no... There are ways you may be able to get it to work, but usually there's pretty significant latency. It's much easier to not try to use your computer's soundcard, imo.

Ok, thanks for the quick answer !

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users