Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Idea Scale for Virtual "Send/Return" Blocks. Please Vote

soundog

Please vote for the ability to route the digital signal out, through other plug-ins, and back into Helix Native, to provide more flexibility and utility in processing.

Here's the link https://line6.ideascale.com/a/idea-v2/915257

and here's the Idea Scale submission:

It would be useful to have a "send" block to route the digital signal out of Helix, where the user could then route through external DAW plugins, and then back into a Helix "return" block. This would be similar to using Sends and Returns in the hardware unit to use external pedals.

Example: Track 1 Helix Native (amp + cabinet) ---> virtual Out Port 1 ---> Track 2 other plug-ins ---> virtual Out Port 2 ---> back into Track 1 Helix Native (after the amp + cabinet blocks) --> final Out

User could, for example, use a third-party IR loader that access a larger library of IR files, without having to load them into Helix Native. Or, user could use favorite high end compressor EQ, or effects plug-ins within the Native Helix chain (rather than being restricted to before or after Helix Native).
  • Like 1

Voted.

I have no idea how easy this would be to implement though - it would seem that adding the ability to load external VST within Native (new extension to the UI required here) might be easier than to interact with the multitude of DAW choices.

In Logic Pro, we use AU plug-ins, not VSTs. Regardless, hosting plug-ins within Helix Native would serve the same function as I am suggesting.

Also, I realize that multiple DAWs might implement virtual I/O routing differently, and that could be a challenge. Or not?

I'm not sure which method would be easiest (or possible) to implement (hosting plug-ins within Native, or routing in/out of Native), but it sure would be a handy dandy feature.

It is the only way to have a Helix patch using FX Loops compatible with a Native patch... assuming that can find plugins that match what you want in the FX loop (or route physically).

Personally I don't use external pedals, but inserting synths I sometimes do and I am toying with MIDI Guitar (Jam Origin) 

...seems like the best way to duplicate or mimic the Helix Send/Return blocks (i.e. FX loops) in Helix Native would be to use  Send/Return virtual routing blocks. Then, its up to the user what external pedal they want (for the hardware Helix); or whatever external plug-ins they want (for Helix Native).

I've got some pretty amazing effects plug-ins, as well as IR loaders, compressors, and EQs that I'd love to be able to patch in to a Helix Native chain, rather than be limited to sticking them before or after Helix Native. Enabling Send and Return blocks in Native would make the software more consistent with — and similar to — the hardware units.

• Upvote 1

• 3 months later...
  • 3 years later...

I totally agree with Tommas and Sounddog . I have an 8 in/8 out sound interface and if they implemented the send/return solution I could use them to go to my VOX AC30 head and back to the helix the same way my Helix floor (beautifully) does. The valve AC30 is my core sound but I only go to the AC30 pre amp after I apply some EQ and Compression in the helix path. It woudl be great if they could implement this in the Helix Native as it would then turn into a true solution to emulate my live gear.

• 2 years later...
On 11/2/2017 at 10:23 AM, soundog said:

Please vote for the ability to route the digital signal out, through other plug-ins, and back into Helix Native, to provide more flexibility and utility in processing.

Here's the link https://line6.ideascale.com/a/idea-v2/915257

and here's the Idea Scale submission:

It would be useful to have a "send" block to route the digital signal out of Helix, where the user could then route through external DAW plugins, and then back into a Helix "return" block. This would be similar to using Sends and Returns in the hardware unit to use external pedals.

Example: Track 1 Helix Native (amp + cabinet) ---> virtual Out Port 1 ---> Track 2 other plug-ins ---> virtual Out Port 2 ---> back into Track 1 Helix Native (after the amp + cabinet blocks) --> final Out

User could, for example, use a third-party IR loader that access a larger library of IR files, without having to load them into Helix Native. Or, user could use favorite high end compressor EQ, or effects plug-ins within the Native Helix chain (rather than being restricted to before or after Helix Native).

Yes Yes and Yes

And while at it...allow Helix hardware fx sends to use USB as destinations...otherwise its clunkville

On 9/8/2023 at 9:58 AM, markwesse said:

Yes Yes and Yes

And while at it...allow Helix hardware fx sends to use USB as destinations...otherwise its clunkville

Hi,

You may have to wait quite some time. It seems the original link provided by @soundog is broken, but there is this one, that both he and I upvoted. Sadly, only 33 votes in total since 2017.

Ho, hum!

link:

https://line6.ideascale.com/c/idea/40496

On 9/8/2023 at 8:35 PM, datacommando said:

Hi,

You may have to wait quite some time. It seems the original link provided by @soundog is broken, but there is this one, that both he and I upvoted. Sadly, only 33 votes in total since 2017.

Ho, hum!

link:

https://line6.ideascale.com/c/idea/40496

Wow...it musnt be very visible...absolutely essential

• 2 weeks later...