Photo

Drop Out Wireless G-30

relay g30 signal dropout

Best Answer dboomer , 08 December 2013 - 08:20 AM

If the green LED on the transmitter goes out that means the signal is not getting into the transmitter. Have you tried different cables and instruments? If the answer to that is yes and you still have the problem then the system will need to be serviced.

This problem is not caused by any interference. Go to the full post

• Please log in to reply
21 replies to this topic

#21 dboomer

dboomer

Line 6 Staff

• 2516 posts

Posted 14 April 2014 - 06:02 AM

Units running on that firmware only operate in RF1 mode. Those units can only be updated back at the factory.

Have you gone through the troubleshooting guide? Simply stating that you have had a dropout doesn't give us enough information be be able to be helpful.

#22 RonMarton

RonMarton

Power User

• Line 6 Expert
  • 1270 posts
  • LocationSydney, Australia.

Posted 14 April 2014 - 09:41 AM

You may find this excerpt from an older thread to be of interest...

Posted 26 February 2014 - 09:13 AM

...It does seem like everytime i've had major dropouts that my receiver has been right next to the metal trim, with my phone right on top of rack. One guy even said putting his receiver on the floor helped!...

The receiving antennae for the G30 are located inside its plastic box ...and the key word there is "plastic", because (as he and you have already observed) metal generally denotes "death" to RF.

Your advisor is, then, quite right, ...as is pointed to by the RXS06's layout, which is largely designed to be viewed from above, as it would be in any such "floor bound" configuration.

Accordingly, for most players, it would seem to have been assumed (fairly safely) that a strap or belt mounting of the transmitter would then yield not only the shortest path from the beltpack to it's "mate" receiver, but also a "line of sight" that's most unlikely to have any metalwork in the way, ...with such minimal metal as might be in fx pedals being alongside, rather than in, the signal path.

...Since i'm not wanting to send off my transmitter and thinking of buying a second anyway, a newer G30/G50 pack...

I'd heartily recommend opting for the more expensive TBP12 beltpack, such as this http://www.sweetwate...e/detail/TBP12G, (pretty much the same as the one "bundled" with Relay G55 and G90 systems) which grants more connection options via its TA4 connector, as well as more modelling options.

That slight additional outlay would be a very wise investment, IMHO.

Oh... ...and BTW, there is NO "lowest common denominator" with XD-V and Relay systems, they all offer the same sonic excellence, the only "limitations" of the cheaper versions being the smaller number of options they support.

...a newer...pack should have the newest firmware installed - correct? Is there any way to tell before i buy?

There sure is. Holding the "Select" button down on power-up will make the details of its firmware scroll sideways along its LCD display.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: relay g30, signal dropout

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users