Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Bleed through in helix fx loops?

Mikeyblial

I'm assuming these 4 fx loops are not true bypass, correct? I run two overdrives for crunch and lead tones into a separate preamp, and I've been running them before the Helix with great results. The only downside is that I can't program the overdrives that way. So, I tried tossing the ODs in a loop at the start of the signal chain and the preamp in a loop for the following block. The switching works exactly how I want, but I'm getting a not-so-tolerable white hiss when playing the clean setting :( I've tried messing with noise gates, in different parts of the path even, but still no luck on getting rid of that bleed through. If somebody has a fix for this, I will give them numerous e-high fives.

Make sure that the "Trails" are turned off in the FX Loop parameters, as that feature will leave the return of the loop live even when the loop is bypassed. Any noise from the equipment in the loop would then be audible. I run an Earthquaker Devices Erupter (not a "quiet" pedal...) in one of my loops and it is completely silent when bypassed.

• Upvote 1