Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

What power amp you guys think it's best with Helix?

mikebruno

Hey guys

I'm looking and shopping around for the right power amp to amplify Helix into two 112 cabs for stereo.

I want to use the full amp simulation.

My gigs are theatre stage, atriums or out door festival stage.

Need to fill up my stage corner. No need for thousands decibels , since everyone has their monitoring and mixes.

Right now I'm using IRs direct and using either IEM and supplied wedges

But I want my guitar to talk to 12 inches speakers even if I have IEM on. It's gives me and my guitars a third dimension.

I know you guys will suggest a very transparent power amp and that is a good start but a too clinical transistor harsh will scare me away.

That said, if a class a/b MOSFET or SS is good ... I'll get it cause light and simple is also a good feature.

Thanks. !!!

I got the Seymour Suncan 170 I wish I goit the 700 but I only have a 212 cab but you have 2 cans so it would be better because its stereo alos bass mid treble control

And how do you like the sound? Does it response like a tube amp? No ice pick to tame off?

Heard it's nice...

Thanks.

I use the Matrix GT1000FX-2U through 2 x XiTone 12" Passives.

I wanted the 2U because it's quieter when recording ( fan sound is all but non-existent )

Amp:

http://usa.matrixamplification.com/rack-amplifers/gt-1000-fx-2u.html

Speakers:

http://xitonecabs.com/product-category/passive/

Seems like a killer option!!

The sound most be very valve like!

Thanks.

And how do you like the sound? Does it response like a tube amp? No ice pick to tame off?

Heard it's nice...

Thanks.

I like the sound it sound like an amp it responds great now remeber eit my opinion you know people have different expectations but I have a peave 115 blues amp and also a backstar ht 60 and the duncan sound great wiht my amp sims.I use a twin sim alot and marshall and i really like it/I also have it going thru 2 mackie 112 thumps that I got before the duncan.I would have never bought them if I got the duncan first,nothng wrong with the mackie they sound great but the duncan with my 212 blackstar cab is good enough