Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Running Vocals Through Helix Mic Pre Into Firehawk Amp & PA

FNFM94

Hi all!

I am sort of new to the Firehawk 1500 & using it with my Helix floor unit & need some help setting it all up to process vocals through it as well as the PA..

I have actually managed to get the vocals going through my Firehawk amp & the PA but seem to be getting a lot of feedback when doing so! I have the mic going into the helix mic pre & running the helix outs into the monitor ins on the back of the amp & then running the Firehawk outs into my Behringer UFX1604 mixer/PA. I am using the amp in stereo wide setting as a FRFR Wet/Dry/Wet setup for the guitar which sounds great but just struggling to cancel out feedback I'm getting from the mic..

I have been working on the mic gain setting in global settings in Helix but haven't managed to find the right balance between the mic & guitar levels. I have just purchased a TC Helicon Voicelive Play Electric which I want to incorporate with the helix when it arrives & have seen this cool video of how to link a TC Helicon pedal to the Helix & still be able to use the Helix mic pre but be able to access the vocal harmonies from the TC & it will still detect what key you're playing in. https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=MZC5QZocKLQ

I will only be using the VLPE pedal for vocals effects/harmonies NOT guitar.

So is there anyone out there who can help me set this up properly so I'm not getting horrific hissing feedback? I would be so grateful for your help/advice & suggestions!

Kind regards

Kyle