Hello, I'm new to the forum and to Line 6 products. I just bought a used DT-25 from GC and would appreciate some assistance regarding the version 2.0 Firmware Update. I also own a HD500X & JTV-69 HSS if that helps with assisting me.
I'm really a novice when comes to MIDI, DT-25 & POD HD500X and ask that your assistance be as detailed and complete as possible. I really appreciate it!
- How/where can I find which firmware version is currently installed in the DT-25?
- If I am satisfied which amps are assigned to voicings 1-4, do I really need to do this firmware update?
- Do I need to buy a MIDI to USB cable, and two MIDI cables to do this firmware update (if I find it hasn't been done)?
- If I do need to buy the cables, where would I find a cheap MIDI to USB (the one I found on Sweetwater is $50!)
- Is there any other device, cable, etc I also need to buy?
- In the DT Firmware Installation Guide I find the following confusing...
'Connect your MIDI interface to your computer, and ensure that it
functions properly. Then connect your MIDI interface to your DT amp via
the two MIDI cables. The MIDI “Out” of your interface should connect to
the DT amp’s MIDI “Input,” and the MIDI “Output” of the DT amp should
return to the MIDI “Input” jack on your MIDI interface.'
The statement above is completely Chinese to me!
What is the 'MIDI Interface' (is this another thing I have to buy + the cables)? And how would I connect it to my computer?
Thanks in advance for all who assist me.