Photo

Covenant Eyes blocking some downloads

hd 500 covenant eyes unable to connect

Best Answer boydwgrossii , 30 November 2017 - 08:58 PM

I think I got it.  I had to login to my CE account online and then go to the Allowed/Block List and then add line6.com to it.  I thought that page only pertained to a page that would fail to open in regards to inappropriate material.  Nope.  It pertains to being able to open at all so I can go add pages to there as needed.  Very interesting.

Go to the full post

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 boydwgrossii

boydwgrossii

Just Startin'

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts
  • LocationOklahoma
  • Registered Products:1

Posted 30 November 2017 - 09:59 AM

I use an internet accountability software called Covenant Eyes.  I was on Windows 8 but found numerous posts that that is the problem.  I upgraded to Windows 10 but couldn't get into my gmail after that.  I found that CE was blocking my ability to get into my gmail.  When I looked at the developer tools, I found that CE had determined that the page wasn't secure and thus blocked it.  When I go to the software I'm trying to download from Monkey, I find that I can get all but updated drivers and flash memory due to the same security issues.

I get the following message:  Apache/2.4.20 (FreeBSD) OpenSSL/1.0.1s-freebsd Server at line6.com Port 80

When this happened with another site, I added that page to the trusted sites in the proxy settings but it didn't work.  I don't have the option of uninstalling CE nor do I want to.

Do you any of you have any pointers on how to have Line 6 be a trusted site?

Thanks.

Regards,

Boyd II

armsliketrees.bandcamp.com

#2 spaceatl

spaceatl

Uber Guru

• Line 6 Expert
  • 5353 posts
  • Registered Products:6

Posted 30 November 2017 - 10:27 AM

Maybe you put the key in wrong when you put in the trusted site...Not sure...

Does it block Drop Box also? I have heard it can go nuts and get pretty dicey...I don't use it.

#3 boydwgrossii

boydwgrossii

Just Startin'

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts
  • LocationOklahoma

Posted 30 November 2017 - 10:53 AM

Drop Box seems to work just fine so far.  Do you have a method to set those settings as trusted sites?  I may be doing it wrong.

Regards,

Boyd II

#4 Triryche

Triryche

Uber Guru

• Line 6 Expert
  • 7336 posts
  • Registered Products:6

Posted 30 November 2017 - 12:12 PM

Can you temporarily disable CE?

Or download everything onto a thumb drive form a different computer?

#5 boydwgrossii

boydwgrossii

Just Startin'

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts
  • LocationOklahoma

Posted 30 November 2017 - 05:11 PM

I can, but I'd have to get a hand with it from one of my accountability partners.  I don't mind doing that, but I imaging this will happen with other things like Superior Drummer and Reaper plugins when I get to do that more.  I want to try to find a way without disabling.  I've read you guys and you all know your stuff so I figure we can find a way or something to suggest to Covenant Eyes to address.

Regards,

Boyd II

#6 boydwgrossii

boydwgrossii

Just Startin'

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts
  • LocationOklahoma

Posted 30 November 2017 - 08:58 PM   Best Answer

I think I got it.  I had to login to my CE account online and then go to the Allowed/Block List and then add line6.com to it.  I thought that page only pertained to a page that would fail to open in regards to inappropriate material.  Nope.  It pertains to being able to open at all so I can go add pages to there as needed.  Very interesting.

Regards,

Boyd II

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: hd 500, covenant eyes, unable to connect