Photo

Podfarm Plug-in "next" Poll

• Please log in to reply
34 replies to this topic

Poll: PODFarm "Next" (64 member(s) have cast votes)

What format upgrade would you like to see for PODFarm?

1. POD Farm HD with AAX would be awesome (29 votes [39.19%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 39.19%

2. POD Farm HD VST is fine for me. I don't need AAX (22 votes [29.73%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 29.73%

3. I'm fine with PT & PT2. Please add AAX support to existing POD Farm plug-in (23 votes [31.08%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 31.08%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#21 TheRealZap

TheRealZap

Uber Guru

• Line 6 Expert
  • 14789 posts
  • LocationClemmons, NC USA

Posted 09 January 2014 - 03:23 PM

well... NAMM is in less than 2 weeks.... if they are going to do it any time soon, i'd assume they will announce it there.

It would be nice if they would at least give us an answer. I'm working almost exclusively in PT 11 now. I'd like to use Pod Farm but at this point I'm about three days away from buying Amplitube.

#22 FarmerDave

FarmerDave

Just Startin'

• Members
  • Pip
  • 22 posts

Posted 09 January 2014 - 05:58 PM

I've switched to PT11 full-time.  Ive had to drop POD Farm sadly enough.  I really hope AAX64 comes along.

I have Vienna Ensemble Pro so can host the AU version (as a re-amper only), but for playing through the plug-in the latency is too high.

If AAX doesn't come along, POD Farm will surely be replaced (relunctantly) by plug-ins that run in native AAX.

#23 smfelton

smfelton

Just Startin'

• Members
  • Pip
  • 19 posts

Posted 06 February 2014 - 11:04 AM

No more waiting for me, sold the Pod HD, uninstalled Podfarm, it was bad enough losing Ampfarm, which cost a fortune but gotta draw the line somewhere. Now with Softtubes Amp Room, Eleven and Amplitube i'm covered, it's a real shame but i've been without it so long now it's gone........

Mac OS X 10.9.1, Pro Tools 11 HD, UA Apollo, Custom Swirl Jem, PRS Custom SE 24

#24 eirikhh

eirikhh

Just Startin'

• Members
  • Pip
  • 23 posts

Posted 07 February 2014 - 12:30 AM

Same here. I stopped using POD Farm some years ago. I really liked it when it first came out, but all of its bugs and lack of updates turned me on to more up-to-date alternatives (not to mention FREE). If an HD version was released though, and it got good reviews, I would probably check it out again. But as I see things right now, L6 is really falling behind in this market/segment.

(I dont use Pro Tools so AAX doesnt matter to me)

#25 stagefright

stagefright

Just Startin'

• Members
  • Pip
  • 14 posts

Posted 16 February 2014 - 04:08 AM

I'm also REALLY frustrated by this. I LOVE Podfarm. My workflow is pretty much built around it. But i can't wait any longer. Please Line 6.. let us know IF you're going to AAX 64 bit. 

I have Guitar Rig sitting there ready to go. What else are people using for Amp Modelling? Amplitube?

MC

#26 mskiermd

mskiermd

Just Startin'

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 24 February 2014 - 10:05 AM

I upgraded to Mavericks which did in Protools 10 for me.  So I have officially moved to PT 11 and can no longer use Pod Farm 2. Too bad, I enjoyed it.  At least Waves gave me a free GTR 3 AAX upgrade so I'll be using their product from now on.  It's a shame.  Toneport was my introduction to computer based recording and I would love to keep using it.

#27 isaacmurillo20

isaacmurillo20

Just Startin'

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 06 March 2014 - 02:42 PM

Line 6 will loose business unless they port to PT11 AAX 64 bit. I dont know what is holding them up?!?! All of us will most likely have to move on to Amplitube or another AMP SIM software. HUGE disapointment!! And if you are thinking of using Blue Cats AAX porter…it doesnt work. WTH!

#28 TheRealZap

TheRealZap

Uber Guru

• Line 6 Expert
  • 14789 posts

Posted 06 March 2014 - 05:03 PM

they are probably working on it...

but its AVID that is having alot of financial trouble..

http://createdigital...elisted-nasdaq/

if you have all your eggs in the pro tools basket... your plug ins may be the least of your worries.

Line 6 will loose business unless they port to PT11 AAX 64 bit. I dont know what is holding them up?!?! All of us will most likely have to move on to Amplitube or another AMP SIM software. HUGE disapointment!! And if you are thinking of using Blue Cats AAX porter…it doesnt work. WTH!

#29 BigChas52

BigChas52

Guru

• Line 6 Expert
  • 2704 posts
  • LocationWashington, DC

Posted 07 March 2014 - 05:50 AM

It may be true regarding Avid's financial problems, but the most likely scenario is that the Pro Tools franchise would be sold off.  PT has become an (if not the) industry standard for music production and mixing.  It's not likely to go away.

I've upgraded to PT 11, and I sorely miss my POD Farm plug in's. For the short term, I've replaced them with Amplitube, but in a side-by-side comparison I did a few months back. I still preferred POD Farm.

#30 TheRealZap

TheRealZap

Uber Guru

• Line 6 Expert
  • 14789 posts

Posted 07 March 2014 - 06:33 AM

positive it will live on.... but i do think their insistence on AAX, may have pushed some people to other software.... which can't help their financial issues.

#31 swgerow

swgerow

Just Startin'

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 27 March 2014 - 02:05 PM

Even if Line 6 offered a 64bit VST version...then Line 6 could run inside BlueCat Patch Works.  Would love to see AAX support.  Pod Farm 2.5 is not that old to be ditching...if that's what they're planning on doing.

#32 TheRealZap

TheRealZap

Uber Guru

• Line 6 Expert
  • 14789 posts

Posted 27 March 2014 - 04:12 PM

Line6 pod farm 2.5x DOES have 64bit VST's

either you have an old version or you overlooked it.

to my knowledge they have no intention of ditching....

#33 swgerow

swgerow

Just Startin'

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 31 March 2014 - 08:14 AM

Line6 pod farm 2.5x DOES have 64bit VST's

either you have an old version or you overlooked it.

to my knowledge they have no intention of ditching....

Ya, thats what i thought and what the line6 website says...but...the VST files are only 32bit and BlueCat as well as any other VST AXX wrapper I've tried will only run 64bit VSTs.  If I go to Library->Audio->Plugins-VST and look at the Info for POD Farm 2 it says (32bit).  And I've updated via Monkey.  If I'm missing something that would be great...just not sure what.  Not sure why Monkey would be only installing 32bit versions.  If I could get this to work the BlueCat solution seems like it would be a good alternative until Line 6 let's it's users know what they're going to do with POD Farm and AAX.

#34 swgerow

swgerow

Just Startin'

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 04 April 2014 - 09:32 AM

This, just from Line 6 Customer Support….

"The 64bit plugins are in the Library>Audio>Plug-ins>VST>Line6 Folder. The plugins are universal binaries. i.e. they allow the DAW to choose whether to run them in 32 or 64bit. This is not user controllable."

So the VSTs on Mac OSX can run either 32 or 64 bit which is probably why people are having trouble getting just the 64bit version to work and why BlueCat Patchworks won't run them…they're not "only" 64bit.

Looks like it's time to switch to NI Guitar Rig.  Hate to.  I've invested a lot in Line6 products but they have to be able to work with the standare professional DAW.

#35 samth3mancgp

samth3mancgp

Just Startin'

• Members
  • Pip
  • 0 posts

Posted 04 April 2014 - 06:44 PM

Hey everybody,

Has there been any official word from Line 6 on POD Farm support for PT11 and AAX 64 bit?

I have Amplitube already and it has been working great in PT11 for over 7 months now.  I am seriously considering selling my POD Farm iLok license and ditching POD Farm and Line 6 all together.  I really liked POD... but it needs to work, and that isn't harsh or demanding.  It has been long enough.

-Sam

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users