Photo

Can't Update M13 Due To Monkey Issues

Best Answer phil_m , 06 October 2013 - 01:01 PM

For whatever reason, Line 6 never implemented Monkey support for the M13. You have to install updates with a third party sysex player.

2.04 is the latest firmware version, though, so you shouldn't have to worry about doing anything at the present time.

Go to the full post

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 boynigel

boynigel

Iknowathingortwo

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 115 posts

Posted 06 October 2013 - 10:28 AM

decided to check for updates for my m13 after using it for a year or so.  currently on v2.04.  i have the m13 hookey up to my computer via midi cables going into my protools mbox2 pro.  i was able to do a sysex dump/backup with no problems.  when i opened monkey (v1.53), it informed me that a new version was available.  i clicked to update but was told:  "Monkey download failed.  reason: http 403- forbidden" i was told to disable popup blockers, anti-spyware, etc.  none of which i have running on my intel imac os10.6.8.

so now i figure the heck w/it, i'll just use my current version of monkey but when i do that it says "no devices detected", yet when i try to select a device the M13 isn't even listed.  so then i select "connect to midi device" only to find that while it does list the M5 and M9, there is still no M13 to select from the devices menu.  i'm stumped.

#2 phil_m

phil_m

Uber Guru

• Line 6 Expert
  • 5548 posts
  • LocationMinneapolis, MN

Posted 06 October 2013 - 01:01 PM   Best Answer

For whatever reason, Line 6 never implemented Monkey support for the M13. You have to install updates with a third party sysex player.

2.04 is the latest firmware version, though, so you shouldn't have to worry about doing anything at the present time.

Time is a train
Makes the future the past
Leaves you standing in the station
Your face pressed up against the glass

#3 boynigel

boynigel

Iknowathingortwo

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 115 posts

Posted 06 October 2013 - 01:12 PM

thanks for that info.  the only reason i tried doing an update to begin with was that i had a long-shot hope that maybe they'd changed 1 aspect of the functionality...  namely using a number value for the effects' parameters instead of those lousy horizontal bar-graph thingies.  hate 'em.  am i the only one that would much prefer having the parameters valued 0-99?

#4 TheRealZap

TheRealZap

Uber Guru

• Line 6 Expert
  • 15681 posts
  • LocationClemmons, NC USA

Posted 07 October 2013 - 05:22 AM

they never really bothered me... but having said that... i do think you're right... a straight number would probably be better!

Although more digital like and less "stombox-like" (clearly what they were going for)

thanks for that info.  the only reason i tried doing an update to begin with was that i had a long-shot hope that maybe they'd changed 1 aspect of the functionality...  namely using a number value for the effects' parameters instead of those lousy horizontal bar-graph thingies.  hate 'em.  am i the only one that would much prefer having the parameters valued 0-99?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users