1 reply to this topic

#1 jkaras2000

jkaras2000

Just Startin'

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 06 October 2013 - 11:53 AM

Hi All:  I just purchased the HD500X a couple of days ago.  I understand how to access all amp models, and effects.  However, I do not fully understand the pedal board button layout?  My questions are as follows, I hope someone can set me straight.  Question 1:  Can you build a patch (made of multiple effects) and assign it to any of the eight pedal board foot switches?  Or, can it only be assigned to bottom four foot switches?  Question 2:  Can I assign a clean chorus to say FS4, and then put a flanger on FS1, and Phaser on FS2, so I may switch them on individually along with the clean chorus on FS5, should I want to.  It's been quite a while since I purchased such a high tech piece of gear like this, and it is a bit confusing.  Thanks in advance.  Joe. 

#2 silverhead

silverhead

Uber Guru

• Line 6 Expert
  • 11088 posts
  • LocationOttawa, Ontario, Canada

Posted 06 October 2013 - 12:55 PM

The HD500x operates in two footswitch 'modes'. See Page 1 of the Setup menu to assign the mode. You can't mix the modes; it is a global setting.

In ABCD mode the bottom row of footswitchs changes patches/presets within the current bank of presets (e.g. 1A through 1D). In FS5-8 mode the bottom row of footswitches turns on/off the FX in the current preset that are assigned to FS5 through FS8.

So you cannot assign a preset to any one of the eight footswitches; only to the bottom four. And if you are in ABCD mode then you can't use FX5 through FX8 to turn FX on/off.

Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans.
.... John Lennon

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users