Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Chirp Sound From Hd500

Troubadour

I get a chirp chirp sound at  1 second intervals from my HD500. When playing through my p.a. system and DT50

I have tried reinstalling firmware and drivers. No difference the chirp chirp is still there. It is most noticeable when playing my Ibenez guitar or JTV69 using the mag pickups.Not noticeable when using the piezo pickups.

Is there a way to format or restart the HD500 and see if the chirping goes away?

Troubadour

Do you wear a watch on your right hand? I'm left handed so I do and for several years I heard an electronic chirp when I was playing my Lone Star Strat. I finally figured out that the electronics in my watch were causing the chirp every second through the pickups.  Most likely not the case for you, but sometimes it's the weird thingns you wouldn't expect that cause the problems.

Not quite the problem you are having but..........I started noticing electronic interference from of all things a T-Qualizer (one of those reactive tshirts with a glowing equalizer that moves to the music) through my wireless when going through an HD 500.  I don't think this is isolated to the hd 500 but just a reaction of an amplified electronic signal to an electronic interference.