#1 jasonk931

jasonk931

Just Startin'

• Members
  • Pip
  • 72 posts
  • LocationJamestown, TN

Posted 06 May 2013 - 12:55 PM

Line 6, Anyway you could create a firmware update to make the looper feature a little more, well, $499.00ish??! lol. I love the rig, just the looper feature is so small. Would love to not have to buy a separate looper to make the length of loops I need for songs. Just checking before I buy a loop station. Let us know! We love ya L6!

#2 TheRealZap

TheRealZap

Uber Guru

• Line 6 Expert
  • 15543 posts
  • LocationClemmons, NC USA

Posted 06 May 2013 - 01:05 PM

are you at least using the full 48 seconds?

I use the boss rc300, but @550$ its a bit steep...

you can get the rc3/rc30 cheaper used if you need it...

lots of looper features the hd500 will never have (quantization for instance... with no rythym generation, the feature is worthless IMO)

plus the hd500 is also a mono looper... 

the looper is an extra... not a main selling point for most.

#3 silverhead

silverhead

Uber Guru

• Line 6 Expert
  • 11463 posts
  • LocationOttawa, Ontario, Canada

Posted 06 May 2013 - 06:10 PM

Personally I think there are many reasons that, together, mean that the HD500 Looper is never likely to be a useful loop station to support live play at gigs. Loop length (max. 48 secs) is just one of them. The lack of loop saving/storing so that you can switch loop 'patches' is another. Also the navigation from Looper Mode (to start/stop the loop) to Performance Mode (to switch presets) involves too many footstomps to be practical for keeping tempo during live play.

If you're looking for a Loop Station I think you will need to get a device that's designed for that purpose. The HD500 is designed as an Amp/FX Modeler. As a jamming convenience it includes a simple looper to help you practice leads over a relatively short chord sequences. But it definitely does not, and likely never will, compete with a Loop Station device that is designed for robust use during live performances.

... just my opinion....

Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans.
.... John Lennon

#4 terraplane

terraplane

Just Startin'

• Members
  • Pip
  • 45 posts

Posted 08 May 2013 - 05:45 AM

Also would be awesome to make stereo looper (yes, let it be twice shorter but stereo!). But I think our wishes dont care  Line6 -- money have been paid so GTFO dear customers.

#5 toneman2121

toneman2121

Guru

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2775 posts
  • Locationphilly

Posted 08 May 2013 - 06:39 AM

Also would be awesome to make stereo looper (yes, let it be twice shorter but stereo!). But I think our wishes dont care  Line6 -- money have been paid so GTFO dear customers.

yeah, ok

I'M SO HAPPY!

#6 GTLazer

GTLazer

Iknowathingortwo

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 215 posts

Posted 09 May 2013 - 02:14 AM

You haven't bought a looper, so don't expect a fully-functioned looper.

You bought an amp/fx modeller, so expect it to be good at modelling amps and fx.

Anything else is a happy bonus as far as I'm concerned.

You like my answer? Hit the up arrow. You no like my answer? Hit the down arrow. Sorted.

#7 bribrew1968

bribrew1968

Just Startin'

• Members
  • Pip
  • 20 posts
  • LocationTampa, Florida

Posted 09 May 2013 - 06:14 AM

Wow ... L6 is the most friendly company for musical stuff I've ever used.  GTFO really?  Chalk one up for no credibility on that post.

Bribrew1968

XBL: AntiHero

2004 American Les Paul

1996 American Stratocaster Plus

2011 HD500 > 2013 DT50 212

#8 terraplane

terraplane

Just Startin'

• Members
  • Pip
  • 45 posts

Posted 10 May 2013 - 11:59 PM

You haven't bought a looper, so don't expect a fully-functioned looper.

You bought an amp/fx modeller, so expect it to be good at modelling amps and fx.

Anything else is a happy bonus as far as I'm concerned.

No, threre are no free bonuces. Each feature is payd by customers. So if they write 'looper' in description it should be an usable looper.

#9 terraplane

terraplane

Just Startin'

• Members
  • Pip
  • 45 posts

Posted 11 May 2013 - 12:11 AM

Wow ... L6 is the most friendly company for musical stuff I've ever used.  GTFO really?  Chalk one up for no credibility on that post.

Chalk one billion up for no credibility on that post, hehehe.

L6 can know about critical bugs but dont release the fix for months. L6 have a lot good proposal -- where they are? I've read a lot ideas here. What was implemented and added? I can say -- nothing. Just some fixes and a few new amp models.

But yeah, they are friendly: they allow you to post here for free and maybe will answer on your email if you'll write them.

#10 silverhead

silverhead

Uber Guru

• Line 6 Expert
  • 11463 posts
  • LocationOttawa, Ontario, Canada

Posted 11 May 2013 - 05:30 AM

...... So if they write 'looper' in description it should be an usable looper.

It is a useable looper. I use it frequently to practice my solos over a chord sequence, and to experiment with different tones/FX while a loop is playing back. But I don't find it useful for gigs. That doesn't surprise or disappoint me. The device is an amp/FX modeler; it is not a fully functioned looper and should not be compared to a standalone looper such as the Line 6 JM4.

Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans.
.... John Lennon

#11 jasonk931

jasonk931

Just Startin'

• Members
  • Pip
  • 72 posts
  • LocationJamestown, TN

Posted 14 June 2013 - 06:09 PM

I've been eyeing some loop stations recently. I am a minimalist on stage, so please give me your opinions guys. Whats best looper station with drum rythm features under 200$?

I have to create basic intros to some of our sets, and in between when people are speaking I need to create full arrangements. Ambient, ethereal type stuff. Ay help appreciated.

Also, I don't want one that is like trying to fly the millennium falcon!

#12 toneman2121

toneman2121

Guru

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2775 posts
  • Locationphilly

Posted 15 June 2013 - 02:07 AM

http://www.amazon.co...&qid=1371290663

I'M SO HAPPY!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users