Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Pod Hd500! Make The Looper Longer!

jasonk931

Line 6, Anyway you could create a firmware update to make the looper feature a little more, well, $499.00ish??! lol. I love the rig, just the looper feature is so small. Would love to not have to buy a separate looper to make the length of loops I need for songs. Just checking before I buy a loop station. Let us know! We love ya L6!

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

are you at least using the full 48 seconds?

I use the boss rc300, but @550$ its a bit steep...

you can get the rc3/rc30 cheaper used if you need it...

lots of looper features the hd500 will never have (quantization for instance... with no rythym generation, the feature is worthless IMO)

plus the hd500 is also a mono looper... 

the looper is an extra... not a main selling point for most.

• Upvote 1

Personally I think there are many reasons that, together, mean that the HD500 Looper is never likely to be a useful loop station to support live play at gigs. Loop length (max. 48 secs) is just one of them. The lack of loop saving/storing so that you can switch loop 'patches' is another. Also the navigation from Looper Mode (to start/stop the loop) to Performance Mode (to switch presets) involves too many footstomps to be practical for keeping tempo during live play.

If you're looking for a Loop Station I think you will need to get a device that's designed for that purpose. The HD500 is designed as an Amp/FX Modeler. As a jamming convenience it includes a simple looper to help you practice leads over a relatively short chord sequences. But it definitely does not, and likely never will, compete with a Loop Station device that is designed for robust use during live performances.

... just my opinion....

• Upvote 1

You haven't bought a looper, so don't expect a fully-functioned looper.

You bought an amp/fx modeller, so expect it to be good at modelling amps and fx.

Anything else is a happy bonus as far as I'm concerned.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

Also would be awesome to make stereo looper (yes, let it be twice shorter but stereo!). But I think our wishes dont care  Line6 -- money have been paid so GTFO dear customers.

Wow ... L6 is the most friendly company for musical stuff I've ever used.  GTFO really?  Chalk one up for no credibility on that post.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

You haven't bought a looper, so don't expect a fully-functioned looper.

You bought an amp/fx modeller, so expect it to be good at modelling amps and fx.

Anything else is a happy bonus as far as I'm concerned.

No, threre are no free bonuces. Each feature is payd by customers. So if they write 'looper' in description it should be an usable looper.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Wow ... L6 is the most friendly company for musical stuff I've ever used.  GTFO really?  Chalk one up for no credibility on that post.

Chalk one billion up for no credibility on that post, hehehe.

L6 can know about critical bugs but dont release the fix for months. L6 have a lot good proposal -- where they are? I've read a lot ideas here. What was implemented and added? I can say -- nothing. Just some fixes and a few new amp models.

But yeah, they are friendly: they allow you to post here for free and maybe will answer on your email if you'll write them.

...... So if they write 'looper' in description it should be an usable looper.

It is a useable looper. I use it frequently to practice my solos over a chord sequence, and to experiment with different tones/FX while a loop is playing back. But I don't find it useful for gigs. That doesn't surprise or disappoint me. The device is an amp/FX modeler; it is not a fully functioned looper and should not be compared to a standalone looper such as the Line 6 JM4.

• Upvote 2

• 1 month later...

I've been eyeing some loop stations recently. I am a minimalist on stage, so please give me your opinions guys. Whats best looper station with drum rythm features under 200$?

I have to create basic intros to some of our sets, and in between when people are speaking I need to create full arrangements. Ambient, ethereal type stuff. Ay help appreciated.

Also, I don't want one that is like trying to fly the millennium falcon!

• 3 years later...

Hi Guys

Yeah, I wished the looper was left out rather than half baked...at the very least I thought it would be stereo; had I known I would not have bothered buying it...only needed a simple one but having a great rig sound squished to 1 channel; not the chop and and really bad for any chorusing. For the clean stuff unfortunately I think Ill go back to grig except I really dont like the lappy live...I was using gearbox on my w8 tablet which is brilliant (Im sure the DI must be doing some dsp or the algos are not very demanding) EXCEPT one of the most important features missing is that you cant program change presets...hmm...round and round the hill...I just wanted a simple setup and now back to laptop live...I would prefer hardware but anyway; one day.

I still prefer the tones from my original floor pod plus..was so easy for a good sound: live only though. Sorry about off topic but I spent nearly 2 hours reading about split input paths, gain structures blah blah, tweak and AB for an hour and still havent got the level of sound that 20mins teaking on the floor pod gives.

Dont mean to be negative but it really is disappointing. I've given enough money to Line 6...over and out.

#Iknowathingortwo

I dont think its unreasonable to have a functioning looper...or just do none at all; otherwise is just a sales gimmick...a reduction of cred being applicable...no reason to have half baked and ususeable. I have guitar rig as well, many years old now and its looper is excellent, has been from day 1 and exactly apt for a guitar multifix. Its models dont have the excellence of the high gain of L6 but everything else smacks the HD down...and Im only talking basics here as of course there is a lot more flexiblity in software.

All the best guys

Mark 

EDIT: Actually, after having a real good play, I cannot believe that there is no possibility of control for the looper (volume or filter). I can live with the mono,  but NOT being able to control the volume, even for basic looper, totally inexcusable. For the sake of code to link a predefined sub from the pedal to the looper module...I love the tone work L6 does but seriously...really really bad.