Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Running Amplifi Remote app on iOS 9.3.5?

peanutismint

Just picked up an Amplifi FX100 and trying to run the remote app (the whole reason I bought it) on my iPad 2, which is running the maximum iOS of 9.3.5, but the installer tells me it needs iOS 10?? It's just a simple interface, right? So how come it won't run on a slightly older OS from like only 2 years ago??

Am I missing something? I'll be kind of peeved if I've bought this Amplifi FX100 to use with my iPad only to find it can't run the remote software....?? 

Would an older version of the software work?? 

Hmmmmm... I have a 3rd generation iPad that is maxed out at iOS 9.3.5, and the remote app runs just fine. Frankly, I'm surprised that an iPad 2 is able to run that version of iOS. Thought it tapped out with iOS 8.x. As for the stated iOS 10 requirement, it could be that this was added sometime after I downloaded and installed the app on my device early this year.

Can't be much help beyond that. Obtaining an older version of the app might be difficult, because Apple seems to keep a tight rein on App Store offerings.

Good luck! (Meant in a nice way, not sarcastic...)

• Upvote 1

Haha thanks; yeah the little iPad 2 is still kicking! But good to know an earlier version ran it on iOS 9; I'm jailbroken so I can load a downgraded version of the app but still frustrating that Line 6 won't let us run the latest version on 9.3.5, especially seeing as it's not really doing much 'work', just remotely controlling the floor unit..... 

For the record, my 3rd generation iPad is running version 2.60.1, Build 072 of the Amplifi Remote app, on iOS 9.3.5 (13G36)  I see that there was an update in May to 2.60.2 -- which requires iOS 10. Wow -- that kinda sucks! Glad I have an android phone, too!

• 1 month later...

I have the same problem -- I need an older version of the Amplifi Remote app.

I have an iPad 3, Amplifi TT (just arrived) and no way to get the Line 6 Amplifi Remote app to run on my iPad 3 -- the current version of Amplifi Remote on the Apple App Store dumbly requires IOS version 10 and version 10 isn't supported on an Apple 3. Apparently one version back of the Amplifi Remote app works on an iPad 3.

Line 6 -- Please make back versions (or the current version) of Amplifi Remote available to Apple 3 users so we all don't have to go out an buy a new iPad just to get your software to install.

Thanks.

Hope it works out for you! Please let us know how you make out -- it could help someone else, someday...

So I got it working on my iOS 9.3.5, but I can't tell if it was due to the jailbreak or not...

Basically, when I went to the app store and clicked on the Amplifi Remote app, it told me it was incompatible with iOS 9 but offered me to download an older version of the app, but I can't remember whether this is something the App Store has started allowing or whether it was because I have that jailbreak tweak installed that lets you downgrade to previous app versions (it's called "App Admin IIRC"...) so your mileage may vary....

But I'm kinda thinking about trying the Amplifi Remote app on my other iPad which is on iOS 10 because the Bluetooth connection to the FX100 is terrible currently; it keeps disconnecting while I'm trying to stream music or load cloud presets, and even when it shows me 'matching tones' for songs I play, it says '6 tones found' or whatever and loads the first one but none of the tones actually show up. It's as if the list is blank but there's meant to be 6 suggested tones there.... So it's clear there's a bug somewhere, I'm just not sure if it's with my iPad or iOS 9 or the app....  <_<

So I got it working on my iOS 9.3.5, but I can't tell if it was due to the jailbreak or not...

Looks like it's your jailbreak that is allowing you to download older versions -- I just went to the App Store and it doesn't show me any choices for older versions of the Amplifi Remote app (my iPad 3 isn't jailbroken).