Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Had to disconnect Pocket Pod after 1st set of acoustic gig!

Hi all,

I am hoping that someone in farawayland can help...

Mainly I play acoustic - a Martin D-28 with an Anthem SL.

In need of a delay, my first choice was a Boss DD-7, but attracted by the possibility of presets, I bought a Pocket Pod.

Last night I played around with various delay times and feedback and set six or so presets for particular songs. I thought that I had bypassed everything except the delay, ie: Cabinet Tuning = Direct; Cabinet Model = No Cab, but after the first set today I had to unplug from the Pocket Pod, because it had affected my tone so much. Everything was very toppy - nicely balanced across all frequencies, but completely lacking "fullness".

Again, I am pretty sure that through Vyzex I had all possible culprit switches turned off - particularly EQ.

Last minute, last night, I was setting the presets through my Genelec monitors in my control room and suspected that there was some serious colouring happening, but I don't normally put the Anthem SL through those monitors! A sensible guitarist would have set up the PA and realised that there was an issue.

As it's the silly season, I suspect that Support won't be free to answer questions, but as it is the silly season I have quite a lot of gigs so would appreciate any words of wisdom.

Thanks muchly...