Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Recording Not Crisp with HD500x

Quick question. I have my HD500x usb straight to my computer, and when i record guitar (lets say clean setting) what is recorded seems like its missing highs, maybe a little muddy. Just sounds not as good quality as what i hear coming out of speakers. Its on both Cubase, and Studio One. Audio Interface setting is set to HD500x. Everything sounds good coming out of the HD500 and speakers, just once it is recorded and replayed, sounds muffled. Not terribly muffled, but enough to notice. Im missing my crisp highs! Anything i am missing? Or is this normal when connecting from HD500x through usb straight to PC? Thanks

Not sure if I know what ya meant. If I monitor the track it sounds dull. But the output from the Hd500x to my speakers sounds way better

So when you record your are monitoring with the HD  connected to monitors/powered speakers, correct?

When you playback your recording, are you also monitoring with the HD connected to monitors/powered speakers?