Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

HDEdit, Monkey etc run on Linux?

Indianrock2020

Just run an older version of Windows.  Win7 is still supported through 2020.  Hell I got an old computer that's running Windows ME because the hardware it's connected to requires it.

Or install Linux and spend countless hours trying to get it to work with the PODHD, rather than playing music.

Yeah, Linux could be a tough way to go.   Windows 10 home is actually cheaper than Windows 7 if you buy it from Microsoft.   About $120 for Win 10, nearly $180 for Win 7.   Not sure how they do it but Ebay has Win 7 Premium for $22  and, as you say, that would be good for another 2 years or so before Win 7 goes out of support.   By then I'll get another laptop.

http://www.ebay.com/bhp/windows-7-home-premium

The cheaper versions of Windows is usually what's called an OEM version.  That means it's fully functional and legit but if you upgrade the motherboard or CPU then you have to buy Windows again.  Which you'll never do to an old laptop anyway.