Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

External Midi patch changing

bassbus

A small query about external patch changes via midi. I'm using my Strymon Big Sky in a stereo effects loop and have set a switch to select the patch I want on the big Sky. That works fine. What I would like to happen is the Big Sky patch being selected automatically when I select the patch on the Helix without having to press the button once I have selected the Helix patch. I hope that makes sense. Anyone any idea if this is possible and/or how to set it up.

Replace "H9" with "Strymon"

If you want the H9 to RECEIVE on the Helix Base Channel (default CH1), go into GLOBAL/MIDI and set MIDI PC SEND to OFF. That prevents Helix from sending the default PC# for that Helix Preset, and sends ONLY the PC# you set in Command Center as an Instant Message (don't forget to save the preset!).

OR

Set the H9 to receive on a different channel than the Helix Base Channel, and set the Instant Message PC# to send on that channel.

ex: if Helix Base Channel = CH1, then set H9 to receive on CH2 and Instant message to send on CH2.