#1 joeloduca

joeloduca

Just Startin'

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 07 May 2013 - 01:57 AM

Hello all,

Got a HD 500 and I like to occasionally set up some of those FS buttons to turn on or off certain effects.   So I kind of know how to assign those FS buttons..  (I also use LINE 6 POD HD500 edit on my PC).   The problem I am having is some of the FS buttons are set to "MULTI" while its toggeling multiple effects on and off..  I don't want this, I only want the FS to control ONE effect.  I can't seem to figure out how to get this off of MULTI..   Anyone know? 

joe

#2 SiCantwell

SiCantwell

Just Startin'

• Members
  • Pip
  • 70 posts

Posted 07 May 2013 - 04:05 AM

Go to the Controllers tab and see which footswitch each effect is linked to. Multi means more than one effect is linked to a certain FS, so delink or reassign any effects you don't want linked to that FS.

#3 joeloduca

joeloduca

Just Startin'

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 07 May 2013 - 04:20 AM

Thanks, but that is exactly what i am trying to find and cant.. I don't understand how to delink that controller to only control 1 effect. I've tried various things on the PC as well as the HD and I cant seem to get rid of the MULTI ..

#4 hurghanico

hurghanico

Power User

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1397 posts

Posted 07 May 2013 - 04:52 AM

...I cant seem to get rid of the MULTI ..

in HD500 Edit when you are in "controllers" view, scroll the "model" menu
and there for every present model check if the footswitch under "fx assign menu" is in common with the other models..
change the common ones to get rid of the MULTI

PS.
further down where there is the view of all FS from 1 to 8, where you see written "MULTI" (or just one assigned FX per FS), they are only switches and not menus, you can't change anything from there, except the on/off state

#5 scheater5

scheater5

Just Startin'

• Members
  • Pip
  • 70 posts

Posted 07 May 2013 - 05:51 AM

Should be pretty simple from HD Edit - "hurghanico" has it right.  To put it another way - realize that "multi" means several effects are linked to one switch.  Go to the "FX" window in HD Edit, and press the switch a few times.  See which effects are toggling on and off.  Then go to "Controllers" and chose the effects you DON'T want controlled from the first drop down menu - under "FS Assign" change it to "none."  Leave the one that you DO want that switch to control alone.  Now instead of "Multi" it should just say the one effect you want.

#6 scheater5

scheater5

Just Startin'

• Members
  • Pip
  • 70 posts

Posted 07 May 2013 - 06:28 AM

HA!!  Wow, shows you how much I've used the new forum.  Opps.

*above post has been corrected*

#7 joeloduca

joeloduca

Just Startin'

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 07 May 2013 - 04:33 PM

Hey Guys, I want to thank you all for the solutions..   I finally got this thing working the way I want..  

Special thanks to "Iknowathingortwo"..  you really do know a thing or 2...  

thanks and have a great day!   Joe

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users