it's been a while since I used my POD Studio UX2. About a year or so ago I used POD Farm 2.01 on Win 7 without a problem (including my model packs Metal Shop, etc.).
Now I wanna use the UX2 under Win 10, but the License Manager and POD Farm 2 are messed up. I tried everything mentioned in the forums and knowledge base as far as I can see, including
- Clean deinstall / install with provided tools of drivers etc.
- Different versions of POD Farm (2.01 and 2.59)
- Different cables, USB ports, computers, etc.
It usually goes something like
- POD Farm complains UX2 and PC need to be authorized
- Go to Licence manager and authorize
- Half way through the authorization of the UX2 POD Farm 2 is listed in italic as a factory add-on
- When the authorization finishes the POD Farm 2 entry vanishes from the list, only my model packs are left
- When I run POD Farm 2 it complains again that I have to authorize in the License Manager, but there is nothing for me left to authorize
- In the end POD Farm 2 only runs in trial mode
It is basically the same problem as in
but in contrast to that thread I'm 100% sure I have a POD Farm 2 license, since I switched from the red-faced UX2 to the my current black-faced UX2 specifically for POD Farm 2.
I submitted a support ticket as well, but I was hoping for some suggestion meanwhile.
Turns out I'm an idiot and confused my switch from Gearbox to POD Farm 1 with an imagined switch from POD Farm 1 to POD Farm 2. I never had a POD Farm 2 license. The License Manager still shows a POD Farm 2 license sometimes though, which contributed to my confusion. I leave this topic up so anyone is as dumb as me well have something to go on.
Edited by OliverHaas, 13 January 2018 - 08:35 AM.