Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

4 Cable Method*?!? Helix & Roland JC series Stereo Amps

DeeJei

Hello Everyone,

I would like to know how the 4(5,6?) cable method* works with my Roland JC-22 AMP.

I am new to all of this and I can't seem to find a good tutorial on this topic with my amp and the Helix floor.

I want to get the same results as listed in the video tutorial listed here:

But in stereo and be able to use my amps' chorus and reverb features.

I am not sure how to connect the cables can someone here guide me how to make this happen?

Please review the attached pictures of my warped understanding of the topic.

yf5C20t.png

PAWaix6.jpg

KbVWg4u.jpg

cable #1 guitar to Helix

cable #2 Helix FX send loop 1 (1/2) to amp main input (top left of the Helix Send/Returns)

cable #3 Amp FX loop send to Helix fx loop return 2 (1/2) (top 2nd from left of the Helix Send/Returns)

cable #4 Helix 1/4" left (mono) to amp's fx loop return

Use the Mono connections on all parts of your amp using this method.

You can also use a TSR cable to have Helix control your amp's two chorus and reverb foot switches (tip/ring/sleeve)

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Thank you for the response and tip on the (TRS?) Cable for remote control @VirtualGuitars

The main part of my confusion was that I thought I needed to make sure both L/R input signals were connected to the amp in order to get true stereo effects.

After reviewing the block diagram for the Roland JC-22 AMP, I was relieved that this isn't the case.

All I needed to do is add 1 more cable from 1/4 Out (Right) from the Helix -> the Return signal (Right) of the JC-22 for Stereo. 

KZO7eDY.png

• Upvote 1