Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Anyone using Strymon's Nixie software editor along with the Helix Editor?

spikey

Just wondering if the settings in Nixie are being updated every time a SnapShot is changed on the Helix controller? 

I'm running a midi Solutions midi-merger so that I can change the patch settings on my Strymon pedals via Nixie "and" or Helix.

There was a firmware update on the Strymon pedals in November 2017 and just recently updated.

Now, Nixie for some reason does not reflex the changes on its software whenever I change Snap Shots on Helix.

???

I've used Nixie on my pedals (with the latest updates) but I couldn't get Nixie to see my pedals if I used the Helix as the midi port so It's been one of the other for me.

I presume the midi out from the pedals is going to your pc and you're just merging the inputs?

Craig

Oh yes, Helix would switch the pedals ok, I just couldn't get Nixie to follow suit until I switched the "Bank CC00" from "off" to "0". The way its set up is I have Helix as one midi out port and the midi-sport 4x4 (running the Strymon Nixie software) as the 2nd midi output for controlling the Strymon pedals. Both of these midi outs connect into the Midi-Solutions Merge Box. The output of the Merge Box then goes to the midi in on Mobius, which is then "midi" daisy chained in and out to the TimeLine and BigSky. Then midi out from the BigSky is sent back to the midi-sport 4x4 midi interface (I'm using port A for send and return), and this is where Nixie now knows where/how to configure itself and now matches the settings from the Helix editor. Switching (from the Helix Editor or the controller) to change SNAPSHOTS, and now Nixie follows it correctly. And I can also use the Nixie software as a switcher and editor as well, as that software's GUI allows to adjust and save any FX changes on all 3 pedals, and then save them on the pedals library where ever I want. :)