Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

looking for jtv-59 pickup set

if anyone has pulled these pickups to replace with others, i would be interested in buying -- i have the stock pickups in my jtv-59, and would like another set to put in another guitar i'm building -- or if you know a source for these, would appreciate that info

thanks

I saw this a couple days ago - https://www.ebay.com/itm/Line-6-11-26-0008-2-Humbucker-Neck-Pickup-for-JTV-59/271819112865?epid=1438016199&hash=item3f49ae81a1:g:86sAAOSwSlBYsey~

Seems a little pricy for an import built humbucker but it's supposedly genuine JTV59N?  I just saw the location of that listing - a line from story/show: "Rahway academy of performing arts!"  LOL....

I'm sure there's something comparable (Seymour Duncan) but it might take some experimentation to find it?  Start with DC resistance and go from there?  

thanks for the heads up -- yeah, thats overpriced, cause heres the same pickup at full compass for $56: http://www.fullcompass.com/prod/260497-Line-6-11-26-0008-2 -- although i love these pups, i realize that folks have their own preferences, like seymours, and have heard on the forum of people pulling them -- thought maybe i might pick up a pair for a reasonable price -- then i can sell my old ibanez super 70s -- to each their own, i can't see getting a better sound then i get from the stock jtv-59s -- you may have read the story of how these korean pups supposedly came out so good that they became the stock pup in the american made 59 -- they're made by "g&b", who make a bunch of pups, including the prs se that is made in the same factory as the jtv59 -- and i can get a pair of g&b open buckers for $40, but they would not be "wound to james tyler specs", so who knows what they might sound like -- and of course, i realize that this guitar i made in the 80s, even with the 59 pups, most likely won't sound like my 59.

I didn't know anything about the history of the 59 pups, thanks.   

As someone who's been through many pickup windings in my life they're certainly a pleasant surprise, IMO.  

Hard to say how much or how little the guitar build will influence final tone but it would at least start out with very similar electrical characteristics and output level.  

59 humbuckers,...

Don't know this g&b, not in my info, made for us by one of our vendors.

According to info here, they are made to Tyler's specified parameters.

Can't get any deeper with you than that.

"Hard to say how much or how little the guitar build will influence final tone but it would

at least start out with very similar electrical characteristics and output level"---

Check out a Facebook video of Richie Castellano changing stock pick-ups for some DiMarzios on

a 69S, the bridge pick-up didn't match the impedance of the active circuits on the processor board.

Changed the tone in a way that was darker than he wanted. So, it can make a big difference.

It's not like changing pick-ups on a guitar with passive circuitry, a lot more need to be considered.

here's the link to this forum's post re: g&b: http://line6.com/support/topic/1208-jtv-59-pickup-specs/, an exerpt: "Brand Name – G & B Pickup Co. (Neck pup is labelled “BONES Nâ€; Bridge is labelled “BONES Bâ€)
Who are G& B?
G & B seem to be part of a Korean Corporation – KHL Corporation." -- there is further reference on this forum to the "startrek" references for these pickups, "bones" being the 59 version

yeah, richie castellano!!, a favorite of mine, having been a big BOC  fan since going to college with donald"buck dharma"roeser, one of the tastiest players ever in rock.

yes, i realize the sound could be very different, just thought if there was a pair sitting on someone's workdesk, i might take them off their hands -- i can always use my old ibanez super 70s, or the schallers -- its for an old mahogany solid body i built in the 80s, thought i'd see if i could turn it into something good

yes, g&b make a lot of pickups, some not that good, and the humbuckers he refers to go for about $20 each, and no way they are whats in my 59 -- but i have had my pickups out, in order to replace the pickups rings(didn't like the white), and indeed they do say g&b, and they have stickers that say "BONES" -- g&b also makes the prs se pickups, guitars which i believe are made by the same korean manufacturer as my 59, world music

• Upvote 1

• 4 weeks later...

A message to grumol:

Hello grumol,

i refer to your message from January 20th, 2018. I do have an original Set of the JTV50 Pickups to sell. They are brand new as I was changing them with a Dimarzio DP192 (Air Zone Bridge ) / Air Norton (Neck) combination.
You can buy both of them for 80 Euro + shipping costs to England? Give me a ring or just answer in English here, where you´ll also find my offer and the pictures:

regards
Markus

---

Posted 20 January 2018 - 08:43 AM

if anyone has pulled these pickups to replace with others, i would be interested in buying -- i have the stock pickups in my jtv-59, and would like another set to put in another guitar i'm building -- or if you know a source for these, would appreciate that info
thanks

• 2 years later...
  • 2 months later...