Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

using the arbitrator fuzz

brettchinery

Advice needed please - how do all set up the arbitrator fuzz?

I am really struggling to get any sort of usable sound with both the pedal engaged and off

If you set the base amp tone first and then add in the pedal first in the line, the auto z then makes the tone without the pedal on pretty unusable

I know the work-around is to have the impedance change with the pedal on or off (1m when off and auto when on) but then I find the tone with the pedal on not great

It is better to set the pedal in line first then set up the base amp tone with the auto z always on already darkening the tone

When getting the Helix, I was excited to have access to a virtual marshall and fuzz face but so far that classic tone is eluding me

How do you guys set up a good usable tone with both the pedal engaged and off ??

Cheers in advance  

Agree that it has way too much gain. I use a static volume block instead of a pedal, same idea.

You can also switch in one or more EQ blocks when you turn it on -- before the fuzz, between it and the amp, between the amp and the cab/IR, after everything, etc, they'll all sound different.