Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Recording/playback issue

NeedAGoodTone

I have recently purchased a Helix LT and while I love the sounds it produces and I love the product in general, I mainly wanted it for recording.

My current setup is PC > Helix via USB > speakers via XLR.

In global settings under "USB In 1/2 Destination" if I have it set to XLR, I will hear the music and a live sound of my guitar. The issue is with the live sound of my guitar, there is a very, very slight delay which is very annoying. The recorded guitar does not have this delay which leads me to believe it is not a recording issue but an issue with the Helix via USB.

If I change the above said setting to 1/4", it will not output the recorded sounds from my computer however the live guitar will not have any delay, however I will be able to record with the signal (which doesn't help if I can't hear what I'm playing to.

Any help is greatly appreciated! :)

In your DAW, set the HELIX TRACK input to ASIO Helix Input 1-2.

Set your HELIX TRACK "Monitor" switch OFF, RECORD to ON. <---This is the trick!

Set the MASTER OUT in your DAW to ASIO HELIX Output 1-2. Send all your tracks to MASTER.

Set HELIX USB In 1/2 Destination (Globals) to XLR.

Set your HELIX output block (Preset) to MULTI. 

You can then RECORD your guitar while HEARING both the playback from the DAW and the guitar DIRECT thru the XLR on the HELIX, and when you stop recording and enter playback, you'll hear it all together!

• Upvote 1

Set the MASTER OUT in your DAW to ASIO HELIX Output 1-2. Send all your tracks to MASTER.

You can then RECORD your guitar while HEARING both the playback from the DAW and the guitar DIRECT thru the XLR on the HELIX, and when you stop recording and enter playback, you'll hear it all together!

This worked! Thank-you so much! :)

Excellent information.  Thank you for sharing.