Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Aggregate Device with Reaper and Windows 7 - Interface recommendations

nhoven

Hi there,

I really would like to use the Helix USB interface within my DAW (I use Reaper on Windows 7) alongside my desktop audio interface, to which my monitors are connected. From what I found online the only way to do that is using Asio4All instead of the native ASIO drivers.

Sadly, the interface I currently use does not play nicely at all with asio4all and the helix. I have Behringer UMC202HD which I bought as a pure monitoring solution and for the occasional amp DI recording. Trying to use it in conjunction with the Helix in Asio4All results in all kinds of crackling, popping, skipping, you name it, no matter what settings I choose.

I'd like to know if anyone here can name suitable interfaces that work together with the Helix and Asio4All. I don't need many I/O-channels; one or two inputs, two symmetrical outputs and a headphone out (preferably with its own volume knob), and I don't really want to spend hundreds of Euros either.

So, can anyone name (small) interfaces that are known to work with asio4all and the Helix?

Thanks!

P.S. connecting the monitors to the Helix is not an option for various reasons (cable management at my desktop and the lower XLR and 1/4" outs on the Helix not reachable [there's an isolation transformer blocking those in the pedalcase] being the major ones).