Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Looking for help picking the most suitable audio interface for my home studio..

Hi All,

Basically what i'm after is to be able to record 3x wet signals at the same time via a suitable audio interface into my DAW.

Set up consists of a pod hd 500, Yamaha digital piano & electric drum kit.

The main issue i've encounted while searching for a suitable interface is the lack of line inputs. I was looking at the Focusrite 6i6 as it's in my price range, but I was unsure how i'd connect all 3 instruments?

I'd planned on running the pod hd500 in to the interface via the XLR Out on the pod to the line input of the audio interface (via XLR to TRS 1/4) here is the problem... the research I've done also recommends connecting the digital piano via the same set up (R  ----- L\+R out to audio interface line input) & i'd like to run the same type of connection to the electric kit...

Is this as simple as me having to fork out the extra cash for a higher end audio interface, or can I run these 3 instruments via a different set up into the audio interface?

I'd even be happy being able to record 2 wet signals at once.

Any assistance would be appreciated.

Yes, both your digital piano and e-drums have stereo audio outputs, so you really need two inputs for each of those - so a total of 5 inputs.  (Unless you are only going to connect the MIDI output of the e-drums).

I think the best choice for you would be the Tascam US16c08: https://www.sweetwater.com/store/detail/US16x08   It has 6 line inputs as well as a ton of mic preamps/inputs (which you don't need).

A slightly cheaper alternate would be this Behringer interface: https://www.sweetwater.com/store/detail/FCA1616