Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Helix Native - clock synchronisation bugs

gavoja

I have recently updated all my Reaper project to work with Helix Native. First of all, great software, hands down. Makes my life so much easier, being able to tweak the hell out of my mix in a non-destructive way. Made Helix the platform of my choice for live and studio.

I found two issues related to clock synchronisation and I am wondering if anyone else experienced them:

1. When opening existing project, the DAW tempo is ignored and instead, the per preset tempo value is used. A workaround is to manually reset the synchronisation, however doing so on 10+ instances every time I open a new project is a somewhat dreadful task. Screencast here.
  2. Tremolo is not synchronised across multiple instances. That makes it useless for dubbed tracks. I suspect this is related to the above, i.e. effects do not properly sync up to DAW upon a playback. Screencast here.

I have not tried other DAWs, however given that no other plugin I use has synchronisation issues (including the Helix Rack itself I own), I suspect is a Native bug. Any feedback would be appreciated.

If you have Note Sync turned on to "Follow Host" everything should just sync with your DAW as expected (it seems to be fine in your vid).  I think Native simply defaults to "non-DAW, independent sync", like most delay plug-ins. You could always set up a preset thats synced to your DAW, and copy that between multiple instances so its not dreadful.

All the plugins in the video have the note sync set to follow the host, yet the issues occur (i.e. you can clearly see the delay not aligning with the metronome in the first video until the sync is reset). Most delay plugins remember the sync settings and load correctly when the project is loaded, unlike Helix Native, which despite indicating "in sync", uses the per preset sync value until manually reset.