Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Getting PC & guitar sounds together from my helix

Orb8

Hi guys,

I've got my Helix and I'm trying to set it up to play PC audio AND guitar audio through the Helix's headphones jack.

The sound card in my PC is an Asus Xonar D2X but It doesn't have an AUX Line Out and at present just powers my Logitach G51 speaker system.

Is there a way of connecting the D2X to the Helix so that I can have music and guitar playing from the headphone jack on the Helix together, or seemingly like everything else these days do I need to buy something to make it work :)

Thank you for any advice

Thanks a million guys.

I've been messing around with all sorts of cables etc this morning and all that was needed was a flippin USB cable from PC to the Helix, and then to set the

D2x to use Helix for output.

Both voted up.

Thanks again guys :)

• Upvote 1

Yup, just connect Helix to PC via USB. You may need the windows ASIO driver available on the Line 6 website, downloads section. 

Audio from your PC will come in to USB 1/2 IN automatically. In global settings>Ins Outs>USB 1/2 In Trim, you can adjust volume of the audio. Then just play along with your backing tracks until your heart's content. 

• Upvote 1

Yup, just connect Helix to PC via USB. You may need the windows ASIO driver available on the Line 6 website, downloads section. 

Audio from your PC will come in to USB 1/2 IN automatically. In global settings>Ins Outs>USB 1/2 In Trim, you can adjust volume of the audio. Then just play along with your backing tracks until your heart's content. 

Yes I have the ASIO driver thanks.

After having an electric guitar 20 years ago, learning to play it in a roundabout sort of way then having selling my gear was awful. However the new experience of playing my new guitar via a PC and Helix is an awesome experience :)

Thanks again

• Upvote 1

Yes I have the ASIO driver thanks.

After having an electric guitar 20 years ago, learning to play it in a roundabout sort of way then having selling my gear was awful. However the new experience of playing my new guitar via a PC and Helix is an awesome experience :)

Thanks again

It's also just as easy to integrate the Helix in a DAW on your PC. You can download and try Reaper for free. With Helix you get 8 inputs and 8 outputs over USB to the DAW. So you can record your stereo guitar signal into say USB 3/4 and also simultaneously record your dry guitar signal on USB 7 for processing/reamping later through Helix. 

I've actually recorded a bunch of dry guitar stuff and use that dry guitar track as the input of my preset while I tweak the preset without having to play guitar. 

You can also use the on board looper to do that. Put a looper block at the front of your signal chain in your preset, record a bunch of guitar stuff in the looper, then just let the looper play while you tweak your preset. 

Yes, way beyond 20 years ago...

• Upvote 1

It's also just as easy to integrate the Helix in a DAW on your PC. You can download and try Reaper for free. With Helix you get 8 inputs and 8 outputs over USB to the DAW. So you can record your stereo guitar signal into say USB 3/4 and also simultaneously record your dry guitar signal on USB 7 for processing/reamping later through Helix. 

I've actually recorded a bunch of dry guitar stuff and use that dry guitar track as the input of my preset while I tweak the preset without having to play guitar. 

You can also use the on board looper to do that. Put a looper block at the front of your signal chain in your preset, record a bunch of guitar stuff in the looper, then just let the looper play while you tweak your preset. 

Yes, way beyond 20 years ago...

Thank you..

I actually have just started using Presonus Studio One 3 as a trial and it's awesome, and pretty straight forward to use too, especially with all the

helpful videos out there for when I get stuck :)