Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Ownership

Stoney51

This does not mean that Yamaha runs Line 6, btw. That is not historically how they have worked.

For instance, when Yamaha owned Korg at the height of the synth craze, late 80s early 90s, technology did not go back and forth between them.

Nothing in an M1 ever made it into an SY77 or vice versa, for instance. Not even FX.

Yamaha did, it seems, manufacture the actual key bed mechanism for Korg, as they did for, iirc, others as well.

This does not mean that Yamaha runs Line 6, btw. That is not historically how they have worked.

OTOH, Yamaha has deep pockets and business clout, something I'm pretty sure (for whatever reason) helps Line-6 from time to time on different endeavors, no matter who runs them.

same here!  I am a licensed expert racer in the CMRA, work at AIG as a Sr. Network Engineer, and love playing music.   :)

There must be something genetic in that combination, and it's an interesting journey when you examine it across a lifetime:

Music:  First amp - Magnatone MP5 ---->  Helix

Motorcycles:  First "real" motorcycle - 1951 Harley Davidson Panhead ---->  Victory Highball, Honda CBR1000RR

Technology:  Writing COBOL and FORTRAN on IBM 370 mainframes ----> writing C++ network transaction objects for Microsoft platforms

• Upvote 1

Oh I worked on quite a variety of old school stuff through the years, PASCAL, FORTH, ALGOL, LISP, SQL, Smalltalk, Motorola 68000 assembly, .....  I'm lucky I still know how to speak english!!!

Well now we just need to figure out what language the Helix OS is written on!  We now it has a Linux kernel, but that's all I know.