Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Will Helix Gtr Multi-Effects Activate/Change JTV-69 Gtr Model, PUs, Tuning

richardcuccia

I have a JTV-69 guitar.  I would really like to change multiple JTV-69 settings with simple single button pushes.

----- For instance, with one button push, I would like to go from a 2nd pickup switch position Acoustic 1970 Martin D12-28 (a 12-string guitar) to a Lester 5th position pickup switch position (1959 Gibson Les Paul, neck pickup).  Then with another single button push, I want to return back to the 70 Martin 12-string.

----- To achieve my desire, is there any Helix guitar multi-effects unit which will, with single button pushes active, change, readjust, etc. & subsequently return back the JTV-69's settings of the:

[a] Guitar Model Selector,

Guitar Tuning Knob,

[c] Pickup Selector Switch, &/or

[d] any other JTV-69 setting?

Thanks, for the info.  Richard, richardcuccia@hotmail.com

Hi there,

But, yes, any of the Helix models will allow you to do that (the HXFX won't as it doesn't have a VDI input). You can change models and/or tuning on the JTV with preset changes and/or snapshot changes.

PS - You may want to edit your post to hide your email address since this is a public forum that's open to the entire internet.

I have a JTV-69 guitar.  I would really like to change multiple JTV-69 settings with simple single button pushes.

----- For instance, with one button push, I would like to go from a 2nd pickup switch position Acoustic 1970 Martin D12-28 (a 12-string guitar) to a Lester 5th position pickup switch position (1959 Gibson Les Paul, neck pickup).  Then with another single button push, I want to return back to the 70 Martin 12-string.

----- To achieve my desire, is there any Helix guitar multi-effects unit which will, with single button pushes active, change, readjust, etc. & subsequently return back the JTV-69's settings of the:

[a] Guitar Model Selector,

Guitar Tuning Knob,

[c] Pickup Selector Switch, &/or

[d] any other JTV-69 setting?

Thanks, for the info.  Richard, richardcuccia@hotmail.com

The Helix will change:

The Model

The Tuning

The pickup (It changes this along with the model. The models are tied to the pickups. So whatever pickup the model has is what you will get. Example: SPANK 1 is a Strat with the bridge pickup, SPANK 4 is a Strat with the neck pickup.)

The tone knob

The volume knob

And you can lock any combination or all of the knobs.

You can also assign either the volume or tone knob to a parameter. So you could assign the tone knob to a delay's delay time and adjust it on the fly from your guitar.

So it will do all you describe and more.

I think that's everything.

"""The Helix will change:

The Model

The Tuning

The pickup (It changes this along with the model. The models are tied to the pickups. So whatever pickup the model has is what you will get. Example: SPANK 1 is a Strat with the bridge pickup, SPANK 4 is a Strat with the neck pickup.)

The tone knob

The volume knob

You can also assign either the volume or tone knob to a parameter. So you could assign the tone knob to a delay's delay time and adjust it on the fly from your guitar.

So it will do all you describe and more."""

Wow!!! Thanks, for the near instant response to my post.  That was some fast.

Hopefully, only one more question from me:

Which Helix Multi-Effects units will achieve the circumstances which you kindly & most quickly set forth above?

Thanks, Richard

"""The Helix will change:

The Model

The Tuning

The tone knob

The volume knob

So it will do all you describe and more."""

Duh.  I apologize for being inexplicit in my second post of 10:11 am, 2/2/18.  Please, let me restate.

In addition to the Helix, will the Helix LT achieve the circumstances which you kindly & most quickly set forth above?

Thanks, Richard

Duh.  I apologize for being inexplicit in my second post of 10:11 am, 2/2/18.  Please, let me restate.

In addition to the Helix, will the Helix LT achieve the circumstances which you kindly & most quickly set forth above?

Thanks, Richard

Yes. The main differences between the Helix and the Helix LT are the hardware. It will do everything the Helix floor model will do. They both do the same thing. The bigger one just has more switches, input/outputs and a different  chassis i.e. different hardware. Guts and software are the same.

Yes. The main differences between the Helix and the Helix LT are the hardware. It will do everything the Helix floor model will do. They both do the same thing. The bigger one just has more switches, input/outputs and a different  chassis i.e. different hardware. Guts and software are the same.

You mentioned, "The main differences between the Helix and the Helix LT are the hardware. It will do everything the Helix floor model will do."  I think I know the response, but I have small bit of confusion.  Another question from me. Is the Helix LT also to be used on the floor, like the higher model Helix, the Helix?  Thanks, Richard

You mentioned, "The main differences between the Helix and the Helix LT are the hardware. It will do everything the Helix floor model will do."  I think I know the response, but I have small bit of confusion.  Another question from me. Is the Helix LT also to be used on the floor, like the higher model Helix, the Helix?  Thanks, Richard

Yes, it is made to be used on the floor. When I say hardware I mean like the physical inputs and outputs. There are more sends and returns, more expression pedal inputs. Just look at a pic of each or their side panel. These could make the patches incompatible. Also the Main Helix has scribble strips so you can have names below the buttons. Stuff like that. But overall they are almost exactly the same.

Yes, it is made to be used on the floor. When I say hardware I mean like the physical inputs and outputs. There are more sends and returns, more expression pedal inputs. Just look at a pic of each or their side panel. These could make the patches incompatible. Also the Main Helix has scribble strips so you can have names below the buttons. Stuff like that. But overall they are almost exactly the same.

[A]  brue58ski, Thanks, for your response.  I think that I now have a handle on the Helix & Helix LT.  From your internet name here, it seems that you may have been born in 1958.  For informational purposes, I was born in 1948, the same year as Ted Nugent.  :)

Everyone, Now a giant & important set of questions with information:

--- [1] Is the Line 6 Helix/Helix LT or is the Boss GT-100 a better guitar multi-effects processor?

--- [2] If the Helix/Helix LT is better than the GT-100 & because I already have a GT-100 (purchased for a bit less than $400 delivered), is it worth purchasing a Helix LT for between $950 - $1000?

--- [3] Additional information is that in addition to other guitars, I also own a Line 6 Variax JTV-69 guitar. As everyone here knows, with one button push, the Helix/Helix LT can change the JTV-69 guitar-types, alternate tunings, etc., a true convenience in live performances.

--- [4] I appreciate your opinions. Thanks a bunch, Richard, richardcuccia@hotmail.com, richardcuccia@cox.net

Ted who? (Just kidding. A major influence on me). The LT retails for $999 so if you're worried, find a Guitar Center or something like that. Don't buy it used at that price!!!! They all generally have a 30 day return policy. So check it our for a month. I'm going to guess, especially after the 2.50 upgrade that's coming, you will be more than happy. So my, "should you buy it", answer is yes but, give it 30 days, maybe it's not your cup of tea. I have a JTV Variax and I love what my Helix and it can do. It is absolutely worth checking out.

Everyone, Now a giant & important set of questions with information:

--- [1] Is the Line 6 Helix/Helix LT or is the Boss GT-100 a better guitar multi-effects processor?

--- [2] If the Helix/Helix LT is better than the GT-100 & because I already have a GT-100 (purchased for a bit less than $400 delivered), is it worth purchasing a Helix LT for between $950 - $1000?

--- [3] Additional information is that in addition to other guitars, I also own a Line 6 Variax JTV-69 guitar. As everyone here knows, with one button push, the Helix/Helix LT can change the JTV-69 guitar-types, alternate tunings, etc., a true convenience in live performances.

--- [4] I appreciate your opinions. Thanks a bunch, Richard, richardcuccia@hotmail.com, richardcuccia@cox.net

The boss is older than the Helix, i don't know the GT-100 but i had hesitated when i wanted to change my multi.

In fact, i've come to line 6 with a firehawk fx, i've discovered the variax after and thought, what a super idea !

I've bought a standard and then, the Helix LT.

You could eventually hesitate with the eleven pedal board but, in my opinion, if you have a variax, there's nothing more efficient than having a line 6 product and if you can : one of the Helix :

You can program  wich guitar you want per preset, and even in one preset, you can have for one song many amp/cab and change your guitar with the snapshots.

One more important point, is that you don't need battery with the VDI connection, you just have to plug the Vx and it's powered !