Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Expression Pedal not working

hoppy-kamper

Out of the box, my FX100 expression (volume/wah) pedal is not having any effect on the sound. I can switch from volume/wah and notice a tone change when this happens, and I can control the volume/wah from App and hear the tone change, but actually moving pedal does nothing.

I have updated to latest firmware, factory reset, and attempted to calibrate the pedal. When I calibrate the pedal following instructions here, on step "4" the 0-99 range does not show - no matter how I move the pedal only the number "04" shows (it is supposed to change from 0-99 depending on where the pedal is.

Since I just bought the unit, planning on returning to Amazon and try again. Thoughts?

Thanks.

• 3 weeks later...

I've got the same problem. Updated firmware, ran the calibration, and still stuck on 4. I've gotten to 5 by clicking on "D" again, but that was only once and the expression pedal still only recognizes the stomp/button press.

Followup:

I spoke with a customer service rep yesterday. I had already tried all available firmware updates, factory resets, and calibration attempts between each firmware update. The rep said that it sounds like a hardware issue and I'd need to contact the seller (Line6 through Amazon) about a return/replacement (Out of Stock till mid April currently), or send it in for Line6 to repair my current model. 

Hope this helps those who are worried that they are just doing something wrong. 

• 1 month later...
  • 11 months later...
  • 4 months later...
On 3/3/2018 at 12:55 PM, akavana said:

I spoke with a customer service rep yesterday. I had already tried all available firmware updates, factory resets, and calibration attempts between each firmware update. The rep said that it sounds like a hardware issue and I'd need to contact the seller (Line6 through Amazon) about a return/replacement (Out of Stock till mid April currently), or send it in for Line6 to repair my current model. 

I have the same problem, bought it B stock and yeah, it's a hardware problem. I made a ticket to know what the issue is, because it's coded in the firmware to show "04" when something's wrong, it doesn't show a fixed "99" like it's stuck on a value, is like not recognizing the pedal, maybe this "something" could lead to a fix.

• 1 year later...