Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Fbv Shortboard Mkii

NL457

Hi there this is my first time posting on the forums and i have a simple question.

I have a spider III HD 150 Head and i just got the fbv shortboard mkII and cant seem to figure out how to make the looper on function 1 to work. 

my question is does it even work with my amp or is there a way to make it work and how?

thanks!

I may be wrong, but I don't think the Looper is included on the Spider 3 - this was a new feature on the Spider 4 models.  Have to say that it is more a gimmick than a useful tool, because it has limited memory (time) and changes sound/volume based on the preset patch or manual setting you use on the amp.

What is needed (maybe on the next generation Spider 5) is an effects loop so you can plug an external looper into the soundchain after the preamp.

• 1 month later...

Hello, i don't know if this is the right area to make this question, but is this.... I have a JM4 Looper, i'm going to buy a Spider IV amp with the FVB MKII, can i make this setup?? i mean... Guitar ---> FVB ----> JM4 ---> Spider IV ????

Please, help me, i need information about this...

Thanks in advance...

Your set-up would be Guitar>JM-4>Spider IV. The FBV is just a controller for various devices - in this instance your Spider IV. I does not pass audio. Also do you mean the FBV Shortboard MarkII? Also which Spider IV/ There are some campatibility issues with certain devices. Check the chart here:

http://line6.com/footcontrollers/compatibility.html

Some (if not all) of the Spider's have a looper built in anyway, controllable from the FBV, although the JM-4 is probably more flexible.

Yes, you can use the Spider's FX, but they won't be 'recorded' in the JM4's loops.  This is the draw back to the current system of the Spider IV.  You can record your loop(s), but if you change the FX/patch on the amp all your loops will change tone as well. In other words, you can't record a rhythm pattern with one tone, have that loop, change tones to a lead patch and record a loop with that tone.