Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Cannot Update Flash Memory

Matto11

Hello everyone. 

I have a Pod HD Pro and I just tried to open up the Pod Edit and play along with some music, but the music wasn't coming through and the Pod Edit wouldnt connect since I needed to update the drivers. 

So I updated the drivers and Pod Edit still wont connect, and the Flash Memory keeps timing out saying that it cant connect to my pod pro. I am still unable to hear anything out of my computer.

Any thoughts? Thank you

Sounds like you have a problem with the USB connection. Check your cable, and try using different USB ports. Don't use any USB hub.

Also, you won't hear sound from your computer. The Pod becomes your soundcard when connected so you need to connect your speakers or headphones to the Pod.

You should use Line 6 Monkey to help you with the driver and software installations. Run the Monkey to make sure all software is up to date.

Hi

Im having the same problem with my Pod HD pro. 

When im trying to connect "Line 6 Pod Hd pro edit" i got a message saying:

"Could not connect to Pod hd pro. This editor requires Pod hd pro version 0.02 or higher"

So i downloaded Line 6 monkey to update my firmware on the Pod.

When im trying to do so i get the following message: 

"Pod Hd Pro update failed. (Code 80007211) Firmware update timed out waiting for response from the device"

I connected my Pod to my Pc for the first time today, and i know for a fact that its connected, since i get the notification sound from win everytime i turn it on, and it became a soundcard.

Any guess whats wrong? 

Thank you

I have the exact same problem with my HD pro X. Pretty much making me want to return the item and just blow off ever using line 6 again. I've tried about 5 usb cables through out all of the usb connections on my desktop and on my laptop. Every single time I get to the point where it starts moving the little bar the program just decided to stop and give me error 80007211. I tell it to wipe all the patches and everything too. I have followed every single piece of advice that line 6 provided, and none of their advice worked.

I have the Code 80007211 also. Here was my text to support that resolved the issue:

"I want to let you know I went to the Guitar Center in the north part of Charlotte and got a new (never before opened box, watched him cut the strap) HD500X. I updated the firmware without a glitch (same computer, first USB port I tried). When places like GC south Charlotte resell what I now realize was a revolving door piece of defective equipment instead of sending it back to you guys, it spreads bad blood about both GC and Line6. It is frustrating to go through all the hoops of searching through FAQs and posts and support just to find out the unit you have is defective. The only reason I gave the 500X a second chance is because of how much I liked the X3Live which was sold the day I traded it for the defective 500X. For the sanity of future uses, please let them know that for a Code 80007211, the equipment could have a defect. I know my respect for Line6 would be a notch above where it is now if you had.

A current user of Line6 equipment,
CipherHost"
Hope this help you regain your sanity,
CipherHost

hi there, 

I got the exact same problem and I spent some time looking for a solution. While I don't know the reason why this happens, I was able to solve the problem by just changing the USB port I used on my computer. I just plugged it in a different port and the Monkey was able to update the flash no problem.

hi there, 

I got the exact same problem and I spent some time looking for a solution. While I don't know the reason why this happens, I was able to solve the problem by just changing the USB port I used on my computer. I just plugged it in a different port and the Monkey was able to update the flash no problem.

Unfortunately that does not work for everyone. I tried using 5 different usb cables that I know all work (I use them for my studio gear) on all 11 usb ports spread between my desktop and my laptop to no avail. I have already sent in a ticket, and we are trying to work something out.

• 2 weeks later...

I've had a POD HD400 for almost 2 years and it's worked flawlessly until three days ago.  I noticed the problem when I opened the HD400 Edit program and rather than syncing the presets, it just showed all presets as "Default Preset" and I can't send or receive anything.  The Monkey shows everything is up to date except the Flash Memory is grayed out.  Monkey even indicates that the HD400 is connected.  I can click on "Change Device" and it lists the HD400 as an option.   I tried connecting the HD400 to a different computer and IT WORKS.   It works great!  The only thing that has changed on my previous system was I updated to the Line 6 new driver set 4.2.7.1 and now, even If I uninstall the USB ports, uninstall all the Line 6 software an reinstall earlier versions of the drivers, I cant get communication back. 

I literally just got home with my POD HD500X from guitar center.  I've had many line 6 products in the past.  Including the HD500.  I know these inside and out.  I'm also a long time IT professional.  I'M F***ING PISSED ALREADY.  It seems like every single Line 6 produce I buy doesn't work flawlessly and every one of them have some sort of bug.  

On 3 different laptops...windows 8, windows 7 and MAC OSX Maverick....I get that same update fail.  What the hell is going on with Line 6?  I mean...they let products out the door that aren't rock solid.  It's incredibly inconvenient, frustrating and for pro/semi-pro heavy gigging musicians...this is way unacceptable.  

I NEED A FIX FOR THIS ASAP.  

I had the same problem. Used different USB jacks, same issue. The computer is recognizing the HD Pro every time I plug it in. 

What worked for me was to close Monkey and close HD Pro Edit. Turn off the HD Pro from the unit itself, then turn it back on. I then reopened Monkey and presto! I recognized the flash memory. Hope this helps.

• 1 month later...
  • 4 months later...

I have exactly the same problem too with my POD HD PRO X and I have tried all the suggestions above, changing USB ports, trying other USB cables etc and nothing has worked. This has happened before but has then just spontaneously started working again, but this time it just won't work after reinstalling everything. I may just send it back this time if a solution can't be found. 

Very disappointed.

• 3 months later...

Exact same problem here. I've used my Pod HD Pro for a good year with no major issues & now I can't even use it!

It's seriously annoying paying over £600 for something that wont work >.>

I really dont have the time to be sending the Pod back for repair/replacement.

What if I was half way through a tour & this happened? Definitely not acceptable.

you should never do any updates on anything when its in working condition and you're in the middle of something critical....

so to answer your question, what you would do if you're smart is wait.

in many instances, the ability to perform updates is a system issue that exists outside of the pod itself...

no idea if that applies to you or some other scenario....

have you tried multiple computers? that'd be the quickest way to narrow it down...

What if I was half way through a tour & this happened? Definitely not acceptable.

• 1 month later...

Okay that might explain it.

I found the error code was related to a missing Wins update.

I only got a prob from the latest flashware update and the computer would sometimes not see the HD500 when connected.

What worked every time was to uninstall the line 6 installer  and when dialogue came up select driver.

Then connect the HD500 and wins would reinstall the driver.

It is connected to my usb 3 socket.

• 1 year later...

I know this is a super old thread, but I fell here after getting a used HD500X I was having problems updating, and I wanted to make sure I posted my solution.

I have linux, so I was running my POD into a VirtualBox with Win7.  I kept getting the timeout error, and knew I had a problem because it couldn't detect the version of Firmware I was running.  Disabling the USB 2.0 option in the Virtual Machine settings allowed the device to update properly. 

FYI.

• 1 year later...

Sorry to revive an old post, but I've recently been dealing with this. And I wanted to share what worked for me. I bought another used POD HD desktop from ebay. I couldn't update the Flash memory, POD HD Edit couldn't connect and my DAW couldn't see it.

Specs:

POD HD desktop

WIN 7 (and WIN 10) machine

I kept getting that 8000...* error. I tried different USB ports on my PCs. I tried different USB cables. Nothing. I tried to do a factory reset (power it on while holding left on the navigation pad). It would reset either. I'm thinking this POS is bricked.

A little more persistence paid off. I plugged in the USB cable, and then I was able to do a factory reset (left nav pad and power on). Then I fired up Line 6 Monkey and I could update the flash memory (I downloaded the update from the Line 6 software page) via where I downloaded the file to. Now everything works as expected. What a PITA! LOL.

Good luck to others.