Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Model style selector knob calibration don't work

Hello, I'm a happy owner of line6 instruments, to date I own two variax 300 electric, one Variax300 acoustic (nylon string), one Variax acustic (steel string) and a Variax500 with related workbench as well as clearly a 500X pod, I had clearly in years other Line6 products of which I have never had problems. But now I have a problem with the selector of the models of my variax 500, it does not work anymore, or rather I replaced the dead pot but I can not do the calibration with the methods found online, you can give me a hand or provide me (paid ) the complete spare part with calibration instructions. I have no problems with electronics and I have no problem repairing myself.

I tried to search for the spare part on the kompass site, but the selector is incomplete. or better do not understand if it is also sold the mechanism that makes mechanical shots between the various models, since the model selector is nothing more than a linear potentiometer 50K push-pull, in my case was lost this system and the knob turns free as well as being not calibrated correctly. I do not understand why although I followed the calibration instructions to the letter it did not work

Any suggestion is good

TNX

Gionata

ticket I did not because it is out of warranty, by the way I already had an account on line6 that on which I had registered some products, but the mail provider closed more than a year ago (libero.it) and I had no more way of recovering the password and then I created a new account. Not knowing how to do, can I still open a ticket ?, the line6 the most sell me the selector? I have no problem doing the repair

TNX

ticket I did not because it is out of warranty, by the way I already had an account on line6 that on which I had registered some products, but the mail provider closed more than a year ago (libero.it) and I had no more way of recovering the password and then I created a new account. Not knowing how to do, can I still open a ticket ?, the line6 the most sell me the selector? I have no problem doing the repair

TNX

If I understand your problem correctly, I believe you can do this yourself - have you replaced the bank selector pot, and now can't find which way to replace the knob, so the models read correctly?

You can locate a guitar tone on one of the other variaxe 300s you have, and note the position of the bank selector , and pickup selector.- usually something like one of the alternate tunings in the presets, or the dobro, or banjo are quite easy to recognise.

Find the same model on the variax you replaced the bank selector pot, and replace the knob in the right position (same as on the other variax), ensuring it's inserted fully. Be firm, but don't be a gorilla and break it....

Hope this sorts out your problem for you.

the model selector in the variax 500 is not an encoder as in the 300 but a 50k pushpull potentiometer, the selections are made by means of "mechanical" clicks at the knob level, then at the software level the different tensions of the single shots are associated with a position. I do not have anymore because it was lost (not by me), so even seeing an original piece could help