Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Dream Rig stops working when enabling effects on Variax

Shaamaan

OK, here's something that just started to happen out of the blue for no apparent reason.

When I turn on the processing effects on my Variax, the whole setup (Dream Rig) goes mute. It doesn't matter if I turn them off again, there's no sound. It'll remain like so until the POD off and back on.

It doesn't matter if I turn the effects using the guitar knob or the POD settings. In both cases the system goes mute.

What could possibly be the issue? I don't even know if this is a problem with the guitar or the POD.

When I turn on the processing effects on my Variax, the whole setup (Dream Rig) goes mute.

Just to clarify, are you referring to engaging the Variax models, or toggling FX on the POD?

If you mean turning Variax models on, are you able to get the modeling to engage at all, under any circumstances... such as using the battery with the 1/4" cable instead of the VDI?

OK, I'm a complete idiot. <_< Apparently when transporting the guitar the volume knob on my guitar must have gotten turned to 0 (or something very close). When powering the POD up, it sets the Variax volume based on the preset. When pressing the knob (engaging the Variax models) the "soft" settings get overwritten, and the actual knob positions are read, making everything muted.

Since the way I have things set up I pretty much never play around with the volume knob, it never crossed my mind that this could be the problem. Do I feel silly now... -_-

<does some running head first into a wall>

EDIT: At least in my panic mode, I managed to update the Variax firmware to the latest. :P

OK, I'm a complete idiot. <_< Apparently when transporting the guitar the volume knob on my guitar must have gotten turned to 0 (or something very close). When powering the POD up, it sets the Variax volume based on the preset. When pressing the knob (engaging the Variax models) the "soft" settings get overwritten, and the actual knob positions are read, making everything muted.

Since the way I have things set up I pretty much never play around with the volume knob, it never crossed my mind that this could be the problem. Do I feel silly now... -_-

<does some running head first into a wall>

EDIT: At least in my panic mode, I managed to update the Variax firmware to the latest. :P

Dont feel bad. About once a month or so, I'll fire up the rig, all set to play... no sound. Invariably, after poking at various settings (with assorted profanity as a soundtrack😉), I'll discover that I didn't plug in the damn guitar. ðŸ˜