Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

UX2 v2, static noise in recordings

Ok, so now I have tried almost everything, but I get the same static noise in all recordings whatever I do...

My setup is a Macbook Pro with Logic Studio X, and I have connected my Line6 UX2 v2 with a USB-cable.

Line6 Monkey says that everything is working, and the ux2 has been licensed, all ok.

In POD FarmI have set input 1 and 2 to mic 1 and 2, no effects or anything applied.

This is what the recordings sounds like:

https://clyp.it/hkdp2hv3?token=2ab007cd4908e9176ea27438e9c7a75c

I have tried changing microphones, xlr-cables, USB cables ... Nothing helps.

Anyone can help me?

payme-test.mp3

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I had what I think was a very similar problem using my UX2 in GarageBand.  What solved it for me was, I was being lazy and leaving the monitor on all of the tracks I was working on.  When I turned the monitor off for all tracks except what I was currently plugged into, that solved the popping and stuttering noise for me.  If you are working on multiple tracks at once, maybe try keeping the monitor turned off for everything but the one you're currently recording?  GarageBand is just Logic with some of the features stripped out, so I figure it might be a similar issue.

• 4 weeks later...

Ok, after changing cables, the static came back with a vengence. I have a new iMac, good quality cables. So after a lot of frustration, I contacted Line6 Support. They suggested that I delete the latest driver and reinstall it (V7.6.7). I did so, again not using Monkey, and yesterday was able to finally do some recording once again without any static! So give that a shot - if the static reappears, I'll just keep doing that step.

Typically this type of noise is caused because the buffer in the DAW is set too low - of course people set it low so the latency is not noticeable, but there is a compromise.  Go into your DAW's settings and adjust the buffer and see if it helps.

May not apply here, but I had similar issues with various levels of distortion.  What i found through trial and error, was moving the UX2 as far away from my PC Monitor, Pc itself, and other devices.  That seemed for me to solve the problem.  I.E.  Distance the UX2 and USB cable as much as possible.