1 reply to this topic

#1 cstockford

cstockford

Just Startin'

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 12 October 2013 - 07:19 AM

I was wondering if anyone has tried connecting an l2t using the l6 cable and using the 4 cable method to amp of your choice to get stereo sound. I currently do this with a dt50 112 and a Hartke ac150 with 4cm. Sounds great, but after reading all the raves about l2t, I am thinking about selling my dt50 and hartke acoustic amp, and buying a flextone III and l2t. I really like the stereo sound that I now have, but I am really interested in the l2t's acoustic abilities. Any thoughts?

#2 RonMarton

RonMarton

Power User

• Line 6 Expert
  • 1270 posts
  • LocationSydney, Australia.

Posted 14 October 2013 - 09:56 PM

I was wondering if anyone has tried connecting an l2t using the l6 cable and using the 4 cable method to amp of your choice to get stereo sound. I currently do this with a dt50 112 and a Hartke ac150 with 4cm. Sounds great, but after reading all the raves about l2t, I am thinking about selling my dt50 and hartke acoustic amp, and buying a flextone III and l2t. I really like the stereo sound that I now have, but I am really interested in the l2t's acoustic abilities. Any thoughts?

Hmm...

I'm guessing you're considering running the (now discontinued) Flextone III as "one side" and running analog cables to an L2t for the "other".

If so, that would be an arrangement that

1. Doesn't seem very "performer friendly" or versatile to me and
  2. May have limited service support in years to come.

I reckon you might be far better served by putting the money from the sale of your (still highly sought-after) "vintage" gear to fund the purchase of a "stereo" pair of L2t enclosures...

...but then having almost every vintage amp you've ever dreamed of owning (PLUS a whole plethora of other "tricks" for creating sounds) instantly available at the tap of your toe...

...from the five hundred bucks worth of brand new POD HD500X you're considering buying.    :wub:

You'd also then own two individual "stand alone" one-box systems for small spaces and/or practice sessions, with the option of Line 6 Link "daisy chaining" all three pieces of sonic wizardry (via just three 3-pin XL male to XL female cables) to not only create all the "magic stereo" guitar you could possibly want, but also accommodate a whole band's worth of other inputs.  :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users