#81 petepraise

petepraise

Just Startin'

• Members
  • Pip
  • 41 posts
  • LocationScotland

Posted 02 April 2014 - 02:35 AM

Well it's probably me but I can't find anywhere to turn off 2.5. I've hooked the router up to my laptop and logged on through IE to the router page but can't find anywhere. Can't find it in the manual either.

#82 petepraise

petepraise

Just Startin'

• Members
  • Pip
  • 41 posts
  • LocationScotland

Posted 02 April 2014 - 02:51 AM

We'll I found it I should have waited before I posted!
It' s under the Wireless > Channel and SSID
both bands are listed and the setting is wireless mode, one of the choices is off.

I'll take the laptop on Saturday just to check if it's retained the setting but if it hasn't I'll need to leave it cos we just don't have time at a gig to add this into the set up and carry a laptop around. That's why I moved to iPad.

#83 Digital-sound

Digital-sound

Iknowathingortwo

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 381 posts

Posted 02 April 2014 - 06:11 AM

It will be "set and forget". As long as no router reset is done (generally with a long, hardware button press. So consider it "set and forget".

#84 petepraise

petepraise

Just Startin'

• Members
  • Pip
  • 41 posts
  • LocationScotland

Posted 02 April 2014 - 10:27 AM

Ye ha! I've forgot already.

#85 malcevansmusic

malcevansmusic

Just Startin'

• Members
  • Pip
  • 50 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted 05 April 2014 - 02:46 AM

I received my Belkin Router today (£22.50 via eBay), USB to ethernet adaptor earlier in the week, and managed to set everything up successfully within 15 mins. Have set the router to 5GHz as suggest. Looking forward to trying it out at a gig!

#86 dboomer

dboomer

Line 6 Staff

• 2711 posts

Posted 05 April 2014 - 06:25 AM

15 minutes! ... What took you so long? :)

#87 malcevansmusic

malcevansmusic

Just Startin'

• Members
  • Pip
  • 50 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted 05 April 2014 - 07:36 AM

15 minutes! ... What took you so long? :)

The router's password dropped out of the box and it took me a while to find it! ;-)

#88 petepraise

petepraise

Just Startin'

• Members
  • Pip
  • 41 posts
  • LocationScotland

Posted 06 April 2014 - 01:45 AM

Well, this router is a game changer! Went to our practice yesterday and hooked up the router, when I opened the iPad app it connected before I had a chance to press the green button. I closed the cover after a bit and we recorded for a while. When I opened the case and the iPad woke up it connected immediately in the past the latter action would have meant a lot of shutting down reconnecting restarting iPad and sometimes still no deal.

I think Line 6 should change the recommendations out of the box to this baby!

I got to try my XD V75 HS for the first time since I bought it about six months ago and while I used it the whole day I felt it wasn't as good a sound as my Beta 58 we usually use and I know it should be, so I think another trip to that forum is in order.

Thanks for all your help guys, this forum has made a real difference.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users