2 replies to this topic

#1 aschmidt21

aschmidt21

Just Startin'

• Members
  • Pip
  • 10 posts

Posted 12 October 2013 - 11:25 AM

I'm playing at home, so trying to keep things relatively quiet, but I'd like to get the best sound possible from the various Spider setting options (I'm all over the map, jazz, rock, blues, country).  Am I going to get better sound quality if I turn the channel volume up on the amp and down on the guitar, or down on the amp and up on my guitar.  I've been messing around and amp down/guitar up sometimes seems better, but I'm not sure.  And if that's the way to go, how far down on the amp should I turn the volume? 

So, simply put: which guitar volume and amp drive, channel volume, and bass/mid-range/treble settings will give me the best sound quality at low volume?

#2 fflbrgst

fflbrgst

Power User

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1744 posts
  • LocationNew England

Posted 16 October 2013 - 05:47 AM

As I mentioned in the other thread where you asked the same thing, there are no set answers.  Generally, I would try with guitar volume up most of the way, master volume down, and channel volume, gain and tone adjusted to get the sound you want.

#3 aschmidt21

aschmidt21

Just Startin'

• Members
  • Pip
  • 10 posts

Posted 17 October 2013 - 09:13 PM

Thanks again.  And sorry to be redundant -- wasn't sure who read what, so just covering my bases.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: amp, settings, treble, bass, midrange, drive, channel volume

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users