Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Octo Reverb

dragonfet

Did anyone else try the Octo Reverb from the Legacy section in 2.50 yet? The big FX list says "Line6 Original", I have no idea what it's supposed to resemble circuit-wise, but it sounds amazing for psychedelic patches. Also fully bass compatible. Kudos to Line6 for adding that (to both Helix and whichever previous hardware it had been in).

I tend to use this a lot. Not as anything psychedelic but as a more subtle background texture to background parts of songs. Have you tried the particle verb? That one might actually be something more along the lines of psychedelic. Or the octo+particle combo. Some of the newly added reverbs can get a bit wild also.

Octo reverb has been on the Helix since the beginning, they just now put it in the "Legacy" category since the new reverbs were released on 2.50. I used it quite a bit. The wet reverb signal is an octave above the dry signal, giving it a "synthy" kind of sound.