Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Suggestions on next step

I'm looking for suggestions on what others have done.  I have had line 6 products since the Spider 3.  I'm a bedroom player and now being asked to play live.  My current gear is the Spider V 60.  I'm looking to get a Variax Standard in the next month or so (takes that long to get one in Canada right now).

What I'm trying to decide is to either go the Firehawk into the Spider V but from what I understand that doesn't give me any benefits.  I want the variax control of the firehawk as the Spider V doesn't have any variax inputs.

I'm on a budget so I don't want to get the Helix due to the price point.  So should I just do the Variax to firehawk into the spider v or should I trade the spider v and get a cheap PA speaker or even the line 6 PA stagesource or whatever it is called?

Has anyone done the firehawk to the stagesource?

I'm looking for suggestions on what others have done. I have had line 6 products since the Spider 3. I'm a bedroom player and now being asked to play live. My current gear is the Spider V 60. I'm looking to get a Variax Standard in the next month or so (takes that long to get one in Canada right now).

What I'm trying to decide is to either go the Firehawk into the Spider V but from what I understand that doesn't give me any benefits. I want the variax control of the firehawk as the Spider V doesn't have any variax inputs.

I'm on a budget so I don't want to get the Helix due to the price point. So should I just do the Variax to firehawk into the spider v or should I trade the spider v and get a cheap PA speaker or even the line 6 PA stagesource or whatever it is called?

Has anyone done the firehawk to the stagesource?

The Stagesource speakers are excellent, but they're not exactly cheap...you'd end up spending about the same amount of $$ on the Firehawk + Stagesource, as you would on a Helix LT and one of the less expensive FRFR speakers, such as the Alto's that a lot of guys are using. That being the case, I'd go for the Helix... it's just a better unit.

• 2 weeks later...

It sounds like Firehawk FX to a FRFR speaker will work best for your needs. You could also check out the Firehawk 1500, it has the Firehawk brains, including Variax control, in a combo amp format. I will also double cruisinon2's Helix sentiment.