Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Disable Speaker Mode auto select on an L2T?

Hey all,

So, I'm in a basement with carpet.  I have my Helix plugged into my L2T on the floor, kicked back as a floor monitor.  HOWEVER, I prefer PA mode.  I just find the tones of all other modes lacking for this environment.  I find that the patches I've created on the Helix work extremely well on MANY different PA systems when the sound guy runs the EQ flat.  I'd rather not mess with my Helix patches, and just use PA mode when I'm at home.

It may not sound like a huge deal, but my space constraints force me to keep the L2T underneath a desk.  I like it there.  Works and sounds great.  Trouble is, that every time I fire it up it automatically selects floor monitor mode, which mean I have to crawl on my hands and knees, tilt it back towards me, and re-select PA mode.  

It would be really handy to disable the auto-select so that it only changes when I want it to.  

Any ideas?

I haven't tried this myself, but with the HD500 if you changed the mode of the L2t and then saved the patch it would remember it and resend it when that patch was selected again, this allowed the electric mode for an electric patch and acoustic for an acoustic patch. I would like to think that Helix could do the same, but I really haven't checked.

If it doesn't then you should raise an idea scale for it.

• 3 weeks later...
On 2/25/2018 at 12:38 PM, Rewolf48 said:

I haven't tried this myself, but with the HD500 if you changed the mode of the L2t and then saved the patch it would remember it and resend it when that patch was selected again, this allowed the electric mode for an electric patch and acoustic for an acoustic patch. I would like to think that Helix could do the same, but I really haven't checked.

If it doesn't then you should raise an idea scale for it.

Good idea, although I'm thinking you used the L6 Link to connect, which would save a configuration.  Can't do that with the Helix I believe.  Thanks for the advice!