#1 hurghanico

hurghanico

Power User

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1261 posts
  • LocationBologna, Italy

Posted 13 October 2013 - 04:09 AM

I think that for those who use the full amp models, it would be very useful to have the emulation of the typical amp fx return circuit, namely that which lies between the pre-amp and the power amp, I believe that certain effects could be more effective in that position ..

in the current situation you can place any effect or before the full amp models or after, the only way to insert an effect immediately after the pre-amp is to use only the pre-amp versions without cabs, which of course is not practical for those using the modeler alone without external power-amps and cabs..

I believe that other modelers have this limit as well, in this case Line6 could be innovative if they wanted to..

what do you think forum members?

EDIT:

posted now on IdeaScale, vote it if you think it's worth it

http://line6.ideasca...es/544872-23508

Edited by hurghanico, 14 October 2013 - 03:09 AM.

#2 arislaf

arislaf

Power User

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1038 posts
  • LocationGreece

Posted 13 October 2013 - 05:40 AM

Put it on ideascale, it is good idea and i believe easy to do for them.

#3 hurghanico

hurghanico

Power User

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1261 posts
  • LocationBologna, Italy

Posted 13 October 2013 - 06:02 AM

..Put it on ideascale..

thanks for your reply Aris ;)

although to be honest I do not like the IdeaScale site because it seems so messy and inconclusive, I will try to follow your advice .. who knows?!?

in the meantime, I was curious to know the opinion of several users
on this topic

EDIT:

posted now on IdeaScale, vote it if you think it's worth it

http://line6.ideasca...es/544872-23508

Edited by hurghanico, 13 October 2013 - 06:33 AM.

#4 GTLazer

GTLazer

Iknowathingortwo

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 209 posts

Posted 14 October 2013 - 12:38 AM

I've mentioned before that I think they should separate the pre- and power amps anyway.

That would allow you to put the FX return between them, but also allow you to use 'mismatched' pre- and power amps for a whole multitude of new sound combinations.

You like my answer? Hit the up arrow. You no like my answer? Hit the down arrow. Sorted.

#5 hurghanico

hurghanico

Power User

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1261 posts
  • LocationBologna, Italy

Posted 14 October 2013 - 02:02 AM

I've mentioned before that I think they should separate the pre- and power amps anyway.

That would allow you to put the FX return between them, but also allow you to use 'mismatched' pre- and power amps for a whole multitude of new sound combinations.

As you say, that would allow you to put the physical FX return between them but also any modeled FX..

I agree with you, it would be a good thing, and you'd think that it should not be that hard to do since it is already possible to use only the pre-amps and the algorithms related to the power-amps are already present in the device, and it would seem mostly a problem of re-organization of the tools already included..

but probably there must be some big obstacle as even more expensive modelers do not offer this possibility

In any case I'd appreciate very much that the pod had also this feature

but probably at present this idea is still science fiction

until now I've only seen unusual combinations of pre and power amps already made ​​by the Line6 programmers, and the same thing with other modelers

perhaps it is easier to give to the users at least the possibility of inserting effects between the pre and power amp rather than separating them

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: amp model fx return, hd500

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users