Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Suggestion for Line 6

VirtualGuitars

Line 6,

First off I think your products are FUNtastic!  I am extremely happy with my Helix Floor, Helix Native, and the endless possibilities that come with them.  Secondly I would like to make a suggestion due to the mass confusion caused by the recent release for Helix v2.50 and HX Edit 2.51.  I think it would make sense to align your version numbering across with the entire Helix family.

For example, Helix firmware v2.50 was released at the same time that HX Edit 2.51 was released.  Additionally, Helix Native v1.50 was released with the same software features, yet all 3 had different version numbering.  Version 2.52 is now the same as HX Edit 2.52, yet Helix Native is still at v1.50 (v2.52 looks to be related to fixes on the Helix hardware only).

As an IT professional, I think it would make more sense to align your versioning across the entire Helix family.  Please consider this during your next update cycle.  It would easier for newcomers to see consistently across the related products.

Thanks,

David

I don’t see any value to that approach as long as we know what the versions are and what’s the latest version and what changed between versions.

Requiring that sub product elements have the same version number just limits when a sub product element can be updated or makes version updates for elements that did not change meaningless.

I don’t see any value to that approach as long as we know what the versions are and what’s the latest version and what changed between versions.

Requiring that sub product elements have the same version number just limits when a sub product element can be updated or makes version updates for elements that did not change meaningless.

It's just a thought.  Unless you dig through the forums, a new user might find it hard to tell that Helix v2.52 aligns with Helix Native v1.50.  If they have the same code base (which they absolutely do), then they should share the version numbering.  This may not work in the scenario where v2.52 firmware comes out with mostly bug fixes for the hardware.  Just looking for some synergy with the versioning.  Again, it's just an idea to for Line 6 think about.  Thanks.

I understand what you are trying to achieve, but an up to date ;) , locked post with the latest tool versions in the subject line would serve the same purpose w/o putting any limits on the version numbering scheme Line 6 chooses.
Personally, I find outdated info in locked post and how many we now have more annoying and I think confusing for anyone new to these forums. But I just heard back that the 'latest editor info' was updated.