Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Split Stompbox/Snapshot Footswitch Assigns Simultaneously?

ucnick

New Helix owner/user here. Been working with it the past few days and digging the sounds. I've been a Kemper and AX8 user for a few years now, and I find that with a little work I can get some very good tones with the Helix as well, and I love the UI - I needed to use a tablet with the AX8 to display the status. I can see the Helix screen much better and can dispense with the tablet.

Anyway... can the Footswitch assignments be split to provide 4 snapshots and 4 stompboxes simultaneously? If so, what is the procedure to achieve this? Can it be done through HX Edit? And also if so, can they also be arbitrarily assigned to provide, say, 3 snapshots and 5 stompboxes?

Appreciate the help. Running 2.50, BTW.

You can go to Global Settings>Footswitches and under Knob 2, Preset Mode Switches, you can set up Preset Mode to display Snap/Stomp (4 snapshots on top row, 4 stomps on bottom row) or Stomp/Snap (4 stomps on top row, 4 snapshots on bottom row). You can't assign snapshots to switches in Stomp Mode, though. This is a global setting, so it can only be adjusted on the unit itself.

Thank you sir! I will be trying this out later this evening!

Also be aware of the following global setting. It determines if a snapshot is automatically saved or discarded. You may find yourself needing to set it to discard so your preset is the same every time you load it. 

global settings >preferences>snapshot edits

I think default is "recall" and not "discard"